Just Another First Date

Percy Jackson:

I scanned through my closet trying to find something to wear for tonight. I want to look nice enough so she thinks I care but casual enough so she knows this isn't a huge deal for me. Dave was patiently waiting outside my bedroom door reading the newspaper.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" He asked quietly. Through the door his voice sounded muffled. I smiled to myself as I found the white shirt I wanted.

"Well I didn't want to do anything to crazy. And she doesn't strike me as the type of girl that enjoys fancy and big so...Movie and dinner?"

Dave didn't say anything so I shrugged to myself and got dressed. I buttoned up the white shirt and smoothed it out. I quickly slipped on my nicest jeans and opened the door. Marty was in the living room typing away on his phone and Dave was where I left him. He seemed stone faced.

"Alright Marty! Did you get the flower I asked for?"

He nodded not looking up from his phone and gestured to the table. Lying on the counter top was a beautiful and vibrate red rose. I smirked. Girls love that cheesy crap right?

"Cool. C'mon Dave we're supposed to pick up the girl in twenty minutes." I said distractedly while I slipped on my shoes.

"Her name is Annabeth." Dave grumbled out. I gave him a weird look.

"I...know?" I said carefully. Dave glared at me before stomping down the stairs. Marty sighed and walked over to look me over. I glanced at the door.

"What's his problem?"

Marty adjusted my shirt and shrugged.

"He doesn't like the plan."

I slipped on my other shoe as Marty sprayed me with some good cologne. Great I was ready.

"Why not? This will fix everything for me!"

Marty grabbed his phone again. It beeped a couple of times and he gave me a look before answering the phone. He placed his hand over the microphone.

"He doesn't care about you; he cares about the girl."

My eyebrows rose but Marty was already talking to whoever was on the line. Hopefully it's a movie role. I haven't seen my name anywhere and that's not okay.

As I walked down to the car I thought about Dave. The whole point of this plan was to give me a better image. He's been my driver since I first started out! How can he care about some....band girl over me? What makes her so special? I'm Percy Jackson! Everybody cares about me and yet he worries about some nobody's feelings? Ugh I can't wait for this to be over.

0~0~0~0~0

"I'll be right back Dave. Keep the car running."

Dave nodded but didn't say anything. I sighed and ran a hand over my face before walking towards the front entrance. I kept my head down and rushed to the elevator. Luckily no one was going to be riding up with me.

When the elevator got to the right floor I gripped the rose tightly. Thank the Gods for thorn less roses. I slowly walked down the hall and thought about the lines I would use on her. I made a mental note to use the Jackson smirk as often as possible. The ladies love it.

As I got closer to Annabeth's door I could hear music. She was singing softly so I couldn't really hear the words but then it stopped for a moment before continuing again. I reached up to knock on the door.

"See? It sounds a little better that way don't you think? Then Owen you and I will-"

My knocking interrupted her. I heard an excited shriek but I don't think it was Annabeth. There were quiet whispers and a groan before Annabeth opened the door smiling at me. She shot a quick glare behind her before looking back at me.