Chapter 12- Luana

Chapter 12

*Luana's POV*

I suddenly felt the need to be home. I wanted to be with my family. I couldn't add up the amount of time I would have left with them.

I pulled Jackson towards the other side of the pond and ducked back into the damp cave. The darkness overwhelmed my eyes.

I had to pull on his arm hard in order to force him to even take a step towards the cave.

"Luana...where are we going?"

"Home."

He yanked his hand out of mine and stepped back. The darkness swallowed him where I could barely make out his tall frame.

"That's not my home."

"But it is mine."

He stepped further back into the darkness so I had to reach my hand out to the soldier, but he did not slide his warm fingers in between mine.

"Jackson...please come back with me."

He moved towards me so quickly I couldn't stop him before he pressed my body between the cave wall and his body.

I could feel the water that slept on the walls starting to seep through my clothes into my skin.

"Why should I? I have the perfect opportunity.

Kill you and escape back to MY people. They will be here soon anyway.

You are under my control."

I stood up taller and looked in his eyes.

"I am controlled by no one. If you are going to kill me do so, but I don't believe you could."

I moved my hand around to the back of his neck and didn't let him see how much fear he caused my heart to feel.

"You love me. You know the people you follow are wrong.

Either way you are going to die.

Would you rather die with the one you love and the people who are defending their lives or the ones defending the gold that they fill their pockets with? They don't care about you. They care about the things you can give them.

Why do you think they sent you to seek out a new camp? They knew how well you could sweet talk your way out of anything."

"How do you know so much about the soldiers?"

"You think because we do not live in fancy homes and don't clothe our bodies with anything but animal skins that we are ignorant? We know what your people want.

You want the gold we do not possess.

You won't get it. We will die. As will you.

You will be the first one they kill."

He stepped away from me with shock written across face and swimming in his eyes.

"Now. We will go back to the tribe."

******|~~~~*******~~~