Chapter 2 // Bam

A few months had passed since Bam received his first letter from Hogwarts. Surprisingly the school and letter were real. Not only did Bam freak out when he found out he was a wizard, no, to make it even more shocking he found out that Rachel came from a family of wizards as well and had waited for her letter from Hogwarts for the majority of her life.

As shocking as this was to the brunette, he was relieved that the blonde girl and her parents seemed willing enough to guide him through his submission process. To be fair, Bam still was a little skeptical at first, but all of that changed when Rachel's parents took the two of them to Diagon Alley to pick up their school supplies for the upcoming semester. 

The poor teen was totally overwhelmed by the introduction to an entirely new world, he felt like he was about to pass out upon entering the alley. 

Rachel's parents did incredibly much for Bam, they gave him a solid explanation of the basic wizarding world. He now understood the basic concepts of magic and a wizard's relationship to Muggles. They even arranged his paperwork from foster care, so he could go to boarding school. It seemed like Mr. and Miss. Light held an important position in this magical universe.

Finding a wand which suited Bam was one of the things he was most excited about after gaining knowledge on the use of wands in the wizarding world. To him, it felt like some sort of personality quiz, which he always enjoyed doing, even if the results weren't accurate or incredibly spectacular.

Rachel's parents had nudged both of the kids to enter the wand store alone, they said finding a wand was a very personal and private matter; something that should be done alone. 

The blonde girl who wore a ponytail was up first, it didn't take her long to come out. To be honest, she looked slightly annoyed when she left the store, it seemed like she didn't get the wand she had in mind for herself. "What did you get?", her father asked her out of curiosity. "I got a Blackthorn wand, with a core of Ashwinder Egg," Rachel told her parents. Bam couldn't quite read their reaction. 

Then it was brunette's turn to pick a wand. He was beyond thrilled. 

The wand store looked relatively old. It reminded the teen of the cafe/bookstore he used to work at, he quit a few weeks ago, saying that he was going to study abroad. The cafe owners had praised him for his smarts, but to be fair, Bam felt guilty about lying to the elderly couple. 

Upon entering, Bam was greeted by an older man, who seemed quite chaotic right away. The man introduced himself as "Ollivander", which matched the name on the shop. 

The teen didn't have to search long for his wand. After trying three wands that weren't made for him, Ollivander gained an accurate perception of Bam's personality. The final wand he offered the teen was one made of Applewood, with a core of Snidget Feather. 

When Bam held the wand for the first time, he felt an instant connection. It was just about the right size, and he seemed to feel a magnetic force that pulled the wand towards him. "The wand chose you," the storekeeper explained to him.

Ollivander explained to the teen that the applewood his wand was made from was rather rare. The material was meant for powerful wizards, with high aims and the material was meant for people with good nature as the wood was a poor conductor for dark magic. The core which comprised of Snidget Feather usually performed incredibly well in charms, potions, and dueling. It's once again a rare material that excels at its attack speed. Usually, the core bonded with a witch or wizard with a glorious and fulfilling future ahead of them. 

Hearing about all of this made Bam very excited. He proudly told Rachel and her parents about his new wand. Mr. and Miss. Light seemed proud of him for getting such a proficient wand. Rachel, on the other hand, didn't seem to be as happy for Bam. That, however, failed to ruin his mood.