Chapter 4 // Bam

"Rachel! Please wait up!", Bam called after the blonde girl, but she seemed to ignore him as she quickly ran towards the train that was labeled as the Hogwarts Express. "Oh dear, she didn't even say goodbye," her mother noted as they watched the girl take off. "Our girl must be very excited," Rachel's father smiled at his wife. "Why don't you go and try to find a place on the train as well, Bam?" the woman asked with a friendly smile on her face. "Oh- erm yeah I guess so," the brunette replied with a lot of fear in his voice. "You'll be fine boy, take good care of yourself and look after Rachel for us, alright?" the girl's dad asked, to which the brunette nodded in uncertainty. "I'll do whatever I can".

After saying a proper goodbye to Rachel's parents and thanking them for all they had done for Bam, the teen took off as well. The brunette dropped off his bags at the back of the train and then entered one of the last wagons. The teen was relatively early so it wasn't hard to find some seats which weren't taken yet. 

All the seats within the train's compartment, were divided into smaller compartments, with space for about 4 people each. Bam was the first one to enter this specific little closed off area and sat down, so he took the seat next to the window. The brunette had no clue where his only friend was, he was incredibly nervous about having to make new friends. This whole experience was already very overwhelming to the teen and there was so much more to come. 

The brunette hadn't fully closed the door, so other people could see the seats surrounding the teen were still available, but it also was a good way to listen in to conversations other people who were entering the train were having, the teen thought it was a good way to entertain himself. 

Overall the conversations which the teen listened in to weren't that interesting, he didn't understand a lot of the names and idioms used by the other teens. Honestly, Bam felt relieved whenever he picked up one of the words he did understand, those words mainly being the names of the different houses and quidditch. 

After a while, Bam started getting tired of the conversations he heard and it seemed like the Hogwarts Express slowly started to fill up, but nobody had expressed any interest in sitting with Bam. Why did Rachel feel the need to leave the poor boy?

Bam started to feel like nobody was ever going to join him and he anxiously thought about the possible future scenario of him not having any friends at all. These thoughts honestly scared the teen, this wasn't how he was planning to spend 7 years at this magical school.

It was at that moment that Bam felt a very cold, but heavy aura fill the space he was in. The teen got chills, without knowing why. 

Suddenly the entire train compartment was filled with chatter and a lot of footsteps echoed through the area. It seemed like everyone else aside from this big group of people had fallen silent. Bam eyed the space outside of the place he was seated in by looking through the window that was inside of the door. The first people of the big group approached, they seemed to be a lot older than Bam and they all shared a similar mostly light blue hair color. All of the people seemed to be related in some way or another and every single one of them was objectively beautiful looking.

The teens who were now passing Bam were all laughing and talking excitedly, the aura surrounding them gave Bam the impression that this was a group of people with a lot of power, who should be feared. The group seemed infinitely big but after a few minutes, the laughter of the people in the front started to sound more distant and it seemed like the flow of people was coming to an end. 

After what seemed like the last people had passed, the brunette felt like he was finally allowed to breathe again. The first-year couldn't explain why, but the aura surrounding the group had been frightening. Was this what Hogwarts looked like?