Chapter Twenty Three

3 Days Later..

"Can I take this off yet?"

"Wait ten more minutes. Can you do that for me?"

Karin huffed. "Yeah."

She sat back and stayed quiet but an irritated look was on her face. Jayceon glanced over at her and chuckled at the look on her face before reaching over and holding her hand up to his face, placing a kiss on the back of it which instantly made her face soften. 

Tonight he'd arranged for Keenon and Helena to watch Kavari while he took his leading lady out for the evening.

He'd already had something special planned, which was why he got them to stay out here a little longer with him. He wanted to treat Karin and show her that he appreciated her and everything she had been doing for their family while he was touring. He wanted to just chill with her and give her time to relax. 

"Aight. We're here." He announced while turning the car off. "You can take it off but don't look in the back seat."

Karin reached behind her head and tugged the bandana covering her eyes down..

(ignore the other cars, pretend it's empty)

"A drive-in?" She gasped as tears welled up in her eyes. "You remembered?"

"Don't cry baby."

"I can't help it."

He reached over and swiped the tears that were falling. "You talk about how this was your favourite thing to do when you were a kid and how you hadn't done it since you were seven and I wanted to do something special for you." He leaned over and pecked her lips. "You have gone above and beyond for our family while I've been touring and I just want you to relax tonight."

Jay let her calm down a bit before getting out of the car. He went around and helped her out before walking them to the trunk. Hitting the button on the keys, the trunk slowly opened, revealing his set up making Karin's waterworks start all over again.

 Hitting the button on the keys, the trunk slowly opened, revealing his set up making Karin's waterworks start all over again

"Aaliyah sent me an old picture of what y'all set up used to look like-"

"It looks just like it." Karin whispered through her tears in total disbelief.