Chapter Thirty Six

Let's step away from the main love birds for a moment and check in with our other three blossoming couples since it's been a while. This chapter and the next two that follow will all be about Aaliyah and Tariq, Reign and Jerrell and of course, Loretta and Rome. 

I feel like I haven't mentioned them in a minute, so I figured why not do three chapters dedicated to them.

Enjoy my beautiful people!!

"Liam?"

"No."

"Elijah?"

"Maybe as a middle name."

"Anthony?"

"Tariq these names are basic as hell!" Aaliyah groaned and threw her hands up in defeat. "Give me something with a little zazz!"

They'd been going over baby names for an hour and nothing was jumping out at them. Granted there were names that they both liked but none that they wanted to name their baby boy. The possibilities for a middle name were endless but for a first name they wanted something uncommon, something that wasn't seen or heard of everyday. 

"Oh, you want like an Atlas or some shit huh?"

"Tariq!" 

"Okay, okay. How about Creed?"

Aaliyah smiled a little. "I like that. Lemme write that down. What else?"

"Adonis, Zyair, Orson, August, Legend, Caspian, Taiyo-"

"Bae wait."

Tariq looked up from his phone. "What?"

"Your son is hungry."

She batted her eyelashes and smiled slightly, knowing that he'd cave like he always did.

"Whatchu wanna eat?"

"Wingstop."

Tariq chuckled but nodded his head. He helped Aaliyah up from the sofa before locking up the house and leading her out to the car so they could go satisfy her craving. 

This was a regular occurrence but Tariq never complained. Aaliyah was carrying his first child, his first little boy and he'd made it his duty to cater to her every need. Whatever she wanted (unless it was spicy or raw seafood) he would go out and get. He did make sure however that she was getting a balanced diet and maintaining her usual workout routine that had been approved by their doctor. 

Both were excited to welcome their son into the world and  couldn't wait for the day to arrive. They'd talked and agreed to remain in Los Angeles, more so for Aaliyah's sake because Karin was all she really had in terms of family. Tariq had people all over the place and was used to being away from them for long periods of time, so it was an easy decision to make for him. They'd stay in Karin's house for the time being while looking for a house for their little family.

Talks of marriage had also come into the mix but both of them had come to the conclusion that it was too soon (even though they'd marry each other in a heartbeat) and that they wanted to wait a little while before taking that next step. Plus, they didn't want the pressure of a wedding right now. They just wanted to simply enjoy their last few months with just the two of them before becoming a family of three.

"Have you decided what you'll do with work?" Aaliyah asked, breaking their comfortable silence.

"I put in leave for now, I have more than enough money to hold us over comfortably for a while. After the baby is born then I'll see about transferring out here completely."