Chapter Forty

Karin Franzese

I sat on the sofa, holding Kavari tightly in my arms while tears ran down my cheeks. I'd tried to keep him away from me because I didn't want my son to see me in such a state, but when he saw me crying, my little angel wanted to comfort me - so I let him. After all, this little boy is my world and he's able to brighten anyone's day, though I don't know if he'll be able to do so completely this time.

"Karin?" 

I looked up and saw Loretta standing in the doorway with a look of disappointment, anger and sadness set on her face. She walked in and took a seat next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into her as I broke down completely, sobbing harder than ever. 

"I'm so sorry." She said softly. 

"W-what if he g-gets locked up Lo?" 

"We'll come to that if it happens, for now you need to be strong-"

"I can't." I chocked out and wiped my eyes. "Loretta I'm pregnant."

She gasped. "What? Since when? Does he know?"

"Remember when Sarayah took a test and got me to take one? Hers came back negative and mine returned a positive, that's why I left suddenly. It wasn't because of an emergency with Jay, it was because I went to the hospital with him to confirm if I was or not. We found out then that I was a whole month pregnant."

"Okay, that explains a lot."

Tears streamed down my cheeks. "Lo, I can't do this without him. I can't raise a baby without him, not now and not like this. I can't..I can't let my child grow up without a parent like I did."

"Shhh. Calm down, okay? Stressing is not got for my niece or nephew. I'll handle this and that's a promise."

I guess you're wondering what is happening, well, let me explain real quick.

This morning I woke up like normal..well, almost normal. I'd rushed to the bathroom to throw up whatever I'd consumed the previous night. Morning sickness at it's finest. Thankfully it wasn't too bad and was over in a matter of minutes. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before heading back into the bedroom. A smile spread on my face when my eyes set on Kavari sprawled out in the centre of the bed. He'd come in sometime during the early hours of the morning and snuggled himself up to me. 

I'd assumed that Jayceon had either come in really late and fallen asleep on the sofa because he'd done it before or he went to one of the guest rooms because he didn't want to disrupt my sleep or Kavari's.

I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, leaning over and rubbing my hand through my baby's soft curls before placing a kiss on his forehead. It was when I grabbed my phone that I saw all the notifications. My phone had been on do not disturb and on silent, so I hadn't heard anything at all. I unlocked the phone and went straight to Instagram where my mentions were blowing up. My heart dropped when I saw it. 

There were several pictures of Jayceon in handcuffs and being taken into custody by the police, not to mention the video that was #1 on trending of him beating some random dude with no end in sight. 

As soon as I saw that, I ran to get Loretta. Rome stayed to keep an eye on Kavari and Brenton while the two of us went to the station. They wouldn't let us bail him out nor would they let us see him. The only thing we were told was that charges had been pressed and because there was clear evidence of what had happened as well as multiple witnesses, Jay would most likely have to serve time.

From there I was a total wreck and have been since. 

"I'm going to call the family lawyer and try work things out. Rome will be around if you need him for anything while I'm gone. We'll get through this Karin, I promise."