𝐈𝐕. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠?

Min Yoongi

"Taehyung!"

As soon as we entered the restaurant, Soomi rushed towards her boyfriend, who looked up from his menu and smiled. She bent down to greet him with a kiss.

When I arrived at their table, I cleared my throat loudly, the two still in the process of their "greeting." Soomi broke away from his lips while her boyfriend's eyes shifted over to me. The light smile tugging on his lips gradually fell.

"Who's this?" he questioned.

"Right, Taehyung, this is my bodyguard, Yoongi. Yoongi, this is my boyfriend, Taehyung."

"It's nice to meet you," I greeted, extending out a hand. Taehyung stared for a few seconds before turning away.

"A bodyguard? Why's he here?" He directed his question to Soomi, ignoring my hand. I mentally scoffed before lowering it.

"I can answer for myself. It's my job to protect your girlfriend, but I'll try not to disrupt your little date," I explained before taking a seat at the table across from them. Taehyung appeared as though he wanted to protest, but Soomi motioned to him to sit back down.

As they ordered their food, I noticed just how fidgety Taehyung was. His foot tapped rapidly, and his restless eyes stole glances at me whenever he didn't think I'd notice. His agitation may have arisen out of irritation, but from how I saw it, he seemed a bit suspicious.

I couldn't shake off this feeling that there was something off about him. I just didn't know what it was yet.

"I'm sorry we haven't been able to see each other much. I've just been so busy, but how have you been?" I overheard Soomi ask him.

"Not great, considering I haven't been able to see my girlfriend at all."

A few seconds of awkward silence followed, and he wouldn't even spare her a look. Were they really as close as Soomi said they were?

Or is this all just an act?

I wasted no time messaging Hoseok.

Hey, you able to do a background check on someone for me?

I discreetly lifted my phone, snapping a shot of Taehyung. I was about to send the photo when something unusual caught my eye.

It seemed like I wasn't the only one taking photos.

In the bushes that lined the opposite side of the street, a camera lens peeked out of the foliage.

I immediately jumped up and rushed out of the restaurant. Outside, a sudden onslaught of vehicles greeted me.

I can't let the person get away.

I inhaled sharply before powering forward.

The sound of cars honking blared past me as I weaved around them. The commotion matched the rhythm of my pounding heart, which threatened to beat right out of my chest.

Just when I thought I reached the safety of the other side, a vehicle seemingly materialized from thin air, traveling at an abnormally alarming speed.

And driving right at me.

My eyes widened.

I spun my body around, just barely dodging this final obstacle. A rush of wind blew past me from the sheer speed.