XVII | WAY TOO WONDERLAND (PT. 3)

[I want to thank all the people who have been voting, commenting, and adding this story to their reading lists. It really means a lot <3]

Even if the ruler ruling is a fool...

A rule's a rule at any school! Hahahaha!

What? Mom? Dad? You guys are still making like, zero sense! Ugh, you have Wonderland fever. Okay, I'll narrate...

Raven, Apple, Elise and the girls have passed all their classes, but Courtly Jester, the student vice principal, still won't let them graduate. Because, she's plotting to overthrow the Queen of Hearts and rule Wonderland herself! Oh, if only narrators are allowed to help!

"Courtly Jester! You may be a joker but this isn't funny! You'll pay for this!" Lizzie was blocked by two cards, their spears making a cross. "Ha! Not when I'm the new queen!" Courtly poked Lizzie's nose again. 

"Not gonna happen, Courtly!"

"We'll never let you become queen!"

"You're not even fitted to rule!"

Raven, Apple, and Elise yelled, stepping a bit forward. "Oh, really? This is my school and we follow my rules! And I can do whatever I want! If you really want to graduate to leave here, it's easy!" Courtly pulled a rope, opening a wall and revealed a scroll which rolled down up to Lizzie's feet. "This contract stipulates that you've signed over all your rights as heiress to the Queen of Heart's throne... to me." She wickedly smiled in the end.

"Never!" Lizzie firmly said.

"It's a simple choice, Lizzie Hearts. You, and your friends, can spend the rest of your lives here at school. Or, voluntarily sign... on the dotted line." She handed the pen and scroll to Lizzie. "I... But... My friends, will be free?" The girls eyes widened at her.

"Woah! Don't do it, Lizzie!" Maddie waved her hands to her. "She'll become Queen of Wonderland!" Lizzie stared at Briar sadly. "But, Briar. She'll let us go. If we stay here, we're doomed anyway."

"Lizzie, listen to me. You have to be the Queen of Hearts! It's your... destiny!" Raven told her. "Raven?" Apple gaped at her.

"I know, I've never been really big on destiny, but look. Sometimes, following your heart and following your destiny are the same thing. Your heart has always been set on being the next queen, Lizzie. You can't give up on it now." Raven explained. "Lizzie, whether you sign or not, she won't let us go! She's a joker, meaning all of this can be trick!" Elise added.

"How, heartfelt... Just sign the contract!" Courtly ordered to Lizzie. "I... I won't!" Lizzie dropped the contract and broke the pen in half. "Then, you are condemned to... Detention!" The girls let out multiple gasps, Lizzie joining beside them.

The White Rabbit appeared beside Courtly. "Uh, vice principal? Wonderland school rules say, you cannot give them detention without... uh without..." Courtly stepped forwards to him, making him back up against the desk. "Without, what?"

"Without a disciplinary trial on the school court?" He shakes in fear. Courtly then let out a laugh. "Why would I permit that?" She cackled maniacally. "Actually, it's your rule?" 

"Is it? Well, then it must be followed! A trial will be a fun way to find you... guilty." She giggled, the girls gasping once again from. "Summon the witnesses! Prepare the court!"

The White Rabbit opened a passageway, giving a signal to the cards, who pulled the girls with them to follow. 

Oh no, this is definitely not good news.