1

It was a chilly December evening when your life changed forever. It was on this night when your fate was decided.

Abandoned at 5 years old, you roamed the empty streets of Konoha in search of shelter from the cold. You were left with nothing except the clothes on your back: A long sleeved sweater with a pair of blue jeans. Boots and a red scarf. You were lucky to have that.

You came across an empty alley way. Thinking nothing of it, you made your way down it. You were only five, thinking the strange feeling in your stomach was just hunger, you continued. Suddenly you tripped over something. You landed on your hands and knees in something red.

"Huh?" You stood and followed the red substance.

There, a few feet in front of you was a man dressed in black. A blade in his hand stained with the same red substance you had been following. Your entire body froze as you gazed at the man. His cold and deadly glare sent shivers up and down your spine. You could see nothing but his eyes because his mask  was covering the rest of his face.

He turned and slowly advanced towards you. You stepped back. Suddenly you fell backwards. The man was above you now, blade to your throat. You closed your eyes and waited for death. When nothing came, you opened an eye to see him sheathing his blade. He kneeled in front of you as propped yourself up with your elbows.

"Girl. What is your name?" he asked. His eyes were icy just like the winter wind.

"(y/n)," you replied softly.

"Why are you out here by yourself, in the middle of the night and out in the cold none the less," he questioned.

"Mommy and daddy said they'd be back but never came," you fully sat up your legs tucked beneath you. Your eyes were locked to the ground. The man sighed and stood, drawing your attention. When you met his eyes again, they had lost the cold look. Instead it was replaced by a more kind and gentle look.

"Come on kid," he turned his back and walked forward. You followed without a second thought not even noticing the dead body that was inches from where you had been.

You followed the man for what seemed like eternity. You were cold and your feet felt as if they were about to fall off.

After a while he stopped in front of a large, eerie, mansion. You remembered hearing the older kids talk about how haunted it was. Not even the construction workers messed with it. You found yourself feeling scared and moved closer to the man.

He glanced back at you before pushing the giant black gate open. It creaked loudly. You gripped the back his belt.

You were tugged forwards, into the dark garden and into the dark mansion. Fear gripped you as you walked with the man. He opened the door for you. The inside looked nothing like it did outside. In fact it looked as if it was brand new.

You stared in awe at the diamond chandelier hanging from the ceiling. There was red velvet carpet beneath your feet leading up to the stairway which split into two different directions. The floor was marble. You could see your own reflection.

"Your back," an elegantly dressed man spoke. He descend down the stairwell and stopped in front of you and the man beside you. He kneeled down on one knee, dipped his head and put a hand over his heart.

"Target has been eliminated," he said. You stated at the man standing before you.

"Rise and tell me who this child is," the kneeling man rose and looked the other in the eye.

"The child came across me after I killed him. Her parents abandoned her. (y/n) is her name," he explained.

"Mamoru. She is your responsibility," he gave the him a small glare.

"I understand master. I shall train her to be one of us," with those words said they were dismissed. Mamoru took your hand, taking you up the flight of stairs and down different corridors. He stopped in front of a door and pushed it open.