Chapter 7

The moment Fawn was no longer sore from her fall, she prepared to face the final test that would prove whether or not she has mastered the element of wind.

'Im not sure what kind of test that Noelani has in store...but I have to at least try. If mother and the others really are running out of time...then I want to give her a proper goodbye. And for that, I have to finish mastering all four elements.'

Right after Noelani had told them everything, she had gone to where the wind test was going to be, telling them to join her there once Fawn was ready.

As she was mentally preparing herself for the test, Kronos came up to her.

"You know, you wouldn't have to do these tests if you just actually took your role as the future Mother Nature seriously and mastered the four elements beforehand," he said.

"I can't control how or when my mother teaches me everything that she knows." Fawn countered. "Plus controlling the elements is a lot harder than you might think."

"Something regarding nature is hard for you?"

Felicity then walked up and flicked Kronos on his nose.

"Ow! What was that for!?"

"Don't forget that my knights said that this is a journey for all of us to learn something Mr. Stick-in-the-mud," she said. "This means that according to those that are going to be helping us when we take over, none of us are fit to be the next rulers yet. At least Fawn knows what she has to work on. Neither of us knows yet. So instead of thinking about what she can't do yet, let's support with everything that she can do...with a little luck."

Felicity then turned to Fawn with a large grin on her face as she pulled out her dice.

Kronos rolled his eyes. "She doesn't need luck, she needs skills."

Felicity ignored him and began shaking the dice in her hands. "Now then, if it lands on an even number, the wind test will be easy for Fawn, if odds then it won't be easy."

The dice dropped to the ground, revealing a four and a five, adding up to the number nine.

"Ooh, uh sorry Fawnie. It usually always goes on the good option." Felicity scratched the back of her head. "At least back at home."

"It's alright Felicity." Fawn gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll just have to remember everything that mother and Noelani taught me."

"Do you know where the Wind Guardian is waiting for us at?" Kronos asked.

Fawn nodded. "Yes, I know. I can lead everyone there."

"No need. Just give me the directions and I'll take us there."

"But it would be easier if I just-" Fawn cut herself off when Kronos gave her a hard look. She then sighed, knowing that trying to argue with him would be pointless. "It's not that far from the house. Just keep walking northwest until you see some flag poles."

"Then let's be on our way then. The sooner this is completed, the better."

Fawn sighed again while Felicity shook her head as they followed Kronos where Noelani would be. On the way, Felicity decided to make small talk with Fawn.

"So what's with the flag poles that you talked about in this place we're going to?" she asked.

"It's kind of like a playground for wind spirits." Fawn explained. "It's always a competition to get as many flags as you can within a certain amount of time. You could even steal some else's flag if there weren't any still attached to the flag poles if the game was still going."