jily: cold evenings

"Thanks, bye!"

"See you soon!"

James closed the creaky door to the bar behind them as they walked into the cold and windy air. They could hear the sounds of glass clinking and cheerful voices coming from inside the building, and the lights shined through the windows; lighting up the small car park.
After having a few drinks and living nearby anyway, they decided to walk home.

Lily crossed her arms, shivering ever so slightly. James chuckled.
"Would you be cold now, perhaps?" He asked slyly, a smirk playing on his lips.
"N-No! Of course not." She hid her red cheeks and looked away, the darkness of the evening hiding her embarrassment anyway.
"Sure. Well, it was warm in that pub anyway, so being out in such cold weather is quite a shock." He turned his head to look at her. "For someone who's not wearing sleeves, it would be anyway." James added, eyes glistening.
Lily stayed huffed and went silent, only the sounds of her heels and the odd splash could be heard as James walked through puddles beside the road.

"...I could always lend you my jacket, you know. If you're cold, of course. You know better than anyone that I don't get cold easily so it wouldn't hurt just to take it." He teased, beginning to unzip his jacket.
"No! I told you. I-I'm not... I'm not cold." She cursed under her breath as a shiver running through her body made her teeth clatter, an evident sign.
James let out a loud laugh and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her in so she walked beside him - earning a yelp in surprise from Lily.
"Just admit it, love. I was right, and you were wrong."
"But I'm not even cold. It's not as if it should even be cold at this time of year, it's meant to be summer for merlin's sake! Where did the hot weather go?" She sighed, secretly enjoying the warmth emitting from James' radiator-like body.
There was more comfortable silence as James sighed and carried on walking with one arm snaked around her waist, and the other hand in his pocket. Lily stumbled as she tried to pull her dress down and her sleeves lower to prevent any more body heat from escaping.
He caught her before she fell face-first into a puddle, and they carried on walking as a wide smirk appeared on his face, to her annoyance.
Suddenly, she felt a heavy weight on her shoulders. She looked around and immediately could smell her boyfriend's deodorant, the spray in which he has used tonight after having put on his coat.
"James... I said I wasn't cold!" She sighed, fidgeting under his warm jacket.

'I will not admit defeat!' Lily thought.

"Yes well... I could see the goosebumps on your legs and arms." He laughed as she huffed again, irritated.
"Anyway, that shows that I was right yet again. So, next time, maybe you should do what I say and put on a jacket so you don't get cold. Silly." Whispering, he ended his sentence with a boop on Lily's scarlet nose.
"Oh, shut up you." She whispered back, hiding her face yet again to try and disguise the fact that her whole face was scarlet now.
"Just saying." He hummed back, a new skip in his step.