u.k

-ukai-
slight angst | gender neutral | old lovers

-ukai-slight angst | gender neutral | old lovers

━━━━━━━━

He almost felt a sudden pour of the rain dripping and flooding into the crevices of his body. He felt it when his eyes met with yours—then suddenly—he was at a complete stop. You were here, lips slightly apart, eyes so wide and cheeks slightly flushed like pink flowers blossoming during the first day of Spring. Ukai wasn't sure what to do, after all, meeting an old lover wasn't exactly an easy thing. No, truely, it wasn't easy.

It was still aching inside of him; it crawled beneath his skin in a way that made his heart weep. But you're here anyway, and something about your sudden appearance had made his soul crave for that something more—something that had once been apart of his soul. It was beginning to feel far too surreal, had Ukai stepped into a 90s sitcom show? He almost wanted to laugh, this had to be a dream.

"Oh—um, that'll be ¥300", he spoke, almost stuttering as he scanned the items.

He adverted your gaze every now and then, and it did not go unnoticed by you when Ukai had an obvious blush crawling beneath his normally pale cheeks. You hadn't changed much, at least to his eyes, you looked just like how he first met you back in high school. Ukai swore he was about to faint from the sudden adrenaline that pumped through his veins, because the way you're standing here in the middle of the night, where the artificial lights flickered above their heads in a convenience store, was unexpectedly bizarre.

"Thank you—until then", you murmured.

"Wait!"

What was he doing? He was suppose to scan your items, shove them in a plastic bag, return it to you and ignore you for the rest of this lonely night. So why were his hands on your wrist? Ukai had pulled you back with eyes that looked more like two wild shooting stars bursting in the midnight skies. He held a breath that he did not even realise he was holding when he found his hands tightly wrapped around your wrist. He had to be insane.

"H—How have you been?", he stuttered.

". . . I've been doing well, I hope you are too."

It was that one single smile on your face that triggered his soul to crave a deeper hunger unlike no other. He had missed you. Ukai couldn't even believe it, but god damn, did he miss you. He could feel it when his heart begged to be clawed out through his throat, when his bones were screeching for your warmth and when his soul left chained inside his body had broken the locks just to be with you. Ukai could hardly even breathe at this point—but little did he know that he wasn't the only one struggling to breathe.

You too, had also missed a certain old lover.