chapter three

I didn't have to work the next day, so I was sleeping in. I woke up at around 10, and checked my phone. Alex was asleep on my floor.

"Alex, what are you doing?" I asked, groggily.

"I was sleeping, so shut up." She moaned and rolled over.

I ignored the fact that she was asleep on the floor and checked my texts and calls, kind of hoping there was one from Harry. There wasn't, so I lied back down to sleep.

"Addison, Alex, wake up. I made breakfast." My mom called from the kitchen. I rolled out of bed and kicked Alex. She growled at me and I walked out to the kitchen.

"I made you coffee, too." My mom added as she laid the food out on the table. I grabbed two pancakes and a piece of bacon. My mom poured coffee for all three of us and sat down.

"Any texts from that boy, Addison?" My mom asked.

"Mom," I sighed. "You need to calm down."

"Okay. Fine," she huffed. "Alex, how's you're boyfriend?"

"Dylan is good. Very good," she said, with a mouthful of bacon. "He's actually out of town right now. That's why I stayed here. Our neighborhood freaks me out."

I laughed, but I understood. She lived in the ghetto part of town. It kind of creeped me out too. I wasn't sure why Dylan was out of town, but I was assuming she didn't want to talk about it since she didn't bring it up herself. We continued eating and then heard my phone vibrate from the bedroom.

"go get it!" Alex screamed.
I sighed and walked to my room. I grabbed my phone of the dresser. It was Harry.

"If you have any time later, I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner." I read out loud to my mom and Alex. They both squealed.

"Text him back right now and say yes and oh my god I have some serious work to do." Alex said, messing with my hair.

"Yes, I would love to go out for dinner. What time?"

I got a reply about 2 minutes later.

"I'll pick you up at 6:00. dress up, we're going somewhere nice."

I showed Alex and she squealed again.

"Okay, go take a shower," she instructed. "Shave. Wash your hair, everything. I'm picking out your clothes, and I'm doing your hair. And you're makeup."

"Alex. It's only 12. We have plenty of time." I sighed, lying back down on my bed.

"We have no time to waste. You take like an hour just to take a shower, and you haven't shaved in like a month. This might take you a while. Your hair is a disaster, I'm curling it. Oh my god just listen to me. Trust me."

I rolled my eyes at her and she smirked. I walked to my bathroom and got in the shower. The hot water running down my back made me relax. I washed my hair and felt my legs.

"That's disgusting." I thought to myself. I grabbed a razor and shaved, or tried to. I felt like a middle schooler shaving her legs for the first time. It took me just as long as Alex said I would. She ran in the bathroom as soon as I got out, she had three outfits and had already laid out my hairdryer, curling wand, and all my makeup.
I took a snack break every so often. Alex was making sure everything was perfect. If one curl didn't look right? She brushed it out and redid it. She wouldn't let me look in the mirror or anything.

When she finished and let me look, I was shocked. I looked like someone out of a magazine. She showed me three outfits, and I chose the third. I put it on, a red dress with lace sleeves and black tights, along with black flats.