Cressssssssssssssssss.

Winter, why are you so far away???

First, I just want to say that the Lunar Chronicles Series is probably my favorite science fiction series ever. I'm not usually one for action-packed adventure stories and weird robot creatures, but the way Marissa Meyer wove the sci-fi elements into the novel in such a beautiful way, was crazy. I absolutely adore it.

I finished Cress at around 4:19 am Tuesday morning last week and I am ecstatic. I'll admit, after Scarlet, I wasn't sure Marissa Meyers would pull another great book out of the hat. Especially if Scarlet and Wolf were in the novel. Fortunately for me, while they were in this book a lot, it wasn't enough for me to hate/dislike the book. In fact, I LOVED the book. I absolutely adored Cinder and Kai at the end of this one and I wholeheartedly welcome a new couple to the TLC fandom. Thorne x Cress. Soooooo cute!!!!!!!

This book was SO long and it just made me so happy. Cinder was wayy too short and this book was just the perfect length. Once again, though, I'll admit that I was nervous abou the length at first, since most YA books over 500+ are fantasy books. Long non-fantasy YA books can get boring extremely quickly, unfortuntately. Cress avoided that.

Can we talk about the cover for a second here?

Gorgeous.

Pros:

- We saw some AMAZING character development in Thorne, who has quickly become one of my favorite characters in the series. I love the promise he made to Cress and the fact that he kept it. Their kiss was brilliant.

- The different points of view were so distinct and they really gave me insight into each of the characters. It was interesting hearing from Thorne for the first time in the series and hearing from our beloved Cinder once more. Also, Kai's POV added an incredible amount of depth into the novel.

- Cress was so relatable and fangirl-y, I couldn't help but see myself in her and her insecurities. Her shyness, her acting tendencies and her vivid imagination all reminded me of myself and I was just amazed at Marissa's ability to create such a real character. I can't believe she was locked up for SEVEN years, people. This is not right. Somebody needs to kill that Queen Levana!

- The sneak peek we got on Winter's character = YES!!!!! She's going to be wonderful to read about. Just a question; did anyone think Jacin was like 50 at first, because of how he was described in Cinder?

- The plot though! Twists and turns--> kidnapping, kisses, fighting, heartfelt moments, deliria, sahara deserts, etc. It just never ended!

favorite quote ever---> "IS THAT ALL HAIR", Thorne.

Cons

- did you really think there were going to be any????????

Goodreads Summary:

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.