Who's the Fairesttttttttttttttt of them all? (Part 2)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I finished Fairest the day it came out and all I can think is...Who knew Channary was so...

I know a lot of people still haven't read/finished this one yet, so I'm just going to give a brief review :)

Okay, so Fairest definitely didn't have the fantastic story arc of its predecessors. I get the vibe that this book is more of a gift from Marissa to the die-hard fans. You don't have to read it to enjoy the series, but it's nice to have a bit of Levana's backstory and to get some explanation for why she's such a malevolent leader.

I'm a little disturbed. Queen Levana's back story definitely isn't sweet and touching. There were some very vivid and descriptive gory parts. Before reading this installment, I expected to pity her a little, but...nope. She's literally pure evil.

However, Marissa didn't really specify whether Queen Levana's malevolence is a result of nature or nurture. Is it because of her twisted past, or was she just always this vile creature? It depends on how you read into the story. I'd say it's 50/50? What do you guys think?

While reading the main books in the Lunar Chronicles, I often wondered whether Levana could actually feel emotions. She seemed so heartless. This book dispelled that theory, she can definitely feel. Strongly. Regret (if you've read it you'll know what I mean). Disappointment. Hope.

So as a whole, was this book good? Absolutely. Is it as satisfying as Cinder, Scarlet or Cress? No. But that's just fine since it's only supposed to give more insight into Levana's character.

Sorry this was so short. The book was interesting and I'm not really sure how to describe it without spoiling the other three books.

Happy reading, guys! Go get it if you haven't and then we can discuss it in the comment section. ;)

--Starrysky