Defence Against the Dark Arts

Y/n walked down the Corridor, it was good to be back at Hogwarts. Even though everything was back to normal y/n still could help but think that he wasn't normal, and he wasn't the only one. Cormac McLaggen, a Gryffindor 5th year voice his thoughts on the matter during breakfast on the first day of classes. "Why did they let him come back, don't the realise he could kill us." McLaggen said rather loudly, everyone became quite but cormac didn't realise and kept talking to his friends "he's a vampire, he been in the crazy house for the past two months" y/n got up and walked out of the hall, as he did this he heard Draco "y/n's not the one you need to worry about, McLaggen."

The day didn't really go any better he had double potions, which he enjoyed. It was Defence against the dark arts the completely ruined his day. Y/n walked in to see Professor Umbridge already sat at the teachers desk, at the front wearing a fluffy pink cardigan. Y/n decided it would be best to sit at the back of the class so that the attention would not be drawn to him. "Well, good afternoon!" She said as the last people sat down "good afternoon" some people mumbled. Umbridge wasn't having it "tut tut, that won't do, now will it? I should like you, please, to reply good afternoon, Professor Umbridge, one more time, please. Good afternoon, class!" "Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge" they all chanting back. This woman was already getting on y/n nerves.

"There, now, that wasn't to difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please." Everyone did as she said. Umbridge got out her own wand and taped the blackboard, words appeared on it:

Defence Against the Dark Arts
A return to Basic Principles

"Well now, you're teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it? The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any ministry approved Curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in you being far below the standard we would expect to see in your OWL year. You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following a careful structured, theory centred, ministry approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following please." She taped the board again and the writing was replaced by the course aims.
1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.
2. Learning to recognise situations in which defensive magic can legally be used.
3. Placing use of defensive magic in a context for practical use.

Several minutes went by as the class readChapter 1, basics for beginners,Defensive magical theory by Wilbert slinkhard. It was extremely boring, then something Caught his eye, Hermione Granger was waving her arm in the air trying to catch Professor Umbridge's attention. "Do you want to ask someone about the chapter, dear?" Umbridge said in that sickly sweet voice. "Not about the chapter,no" "well, we're reading now, if you have other queries we can deal with them at the end of class." "I've got a question about you course aims," said Hermione "and your name is?" "Hermione Granger" " well, Miss Granger, I think the course aims are perfectly clear if you read them through carefully," she was interrupted "well I don't, there is nothing written up there about using defensive spells? "Using defensive spells? Why, I can't imagine any situation arising in my classroom that would require you to use a defensive spell, Miss Granger. You surely aren't expecting to be attacked during class?" We aren't going to use magic" Ron chipped in " students raise their hands when they wish to speak in my class, Mr?" "Weasley" "yes miss granger? You want to ask something else?" Hermione's hand was up again "yes, Surely the whole point of defence against the dark arts is to practice defensive spells?" This row was getting a bit boring so y/n dozed off.

Y/n was dropping off when he heard "who do you Imagine wants to attack the children like yourself?" "Maybe...Lord Voldemort." Everyone gasped No one spoke his name "ten points from Gryffindor, mr potter. Now, Let me make a few things quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard has returned from the dead" he wasn't dead but yeah he returned" "mr Potter you have already lost your house 10 points do not make matters worse for yourself, as I was saying, you have been informed that a certain dark wizard is it large once again. This is a lie." "It's not a lie! I saw bye I fought him" "Detention, Mr Potter, tomorrow evening. 5 o'clock. My office. I repeat, this is a lie. The Ministry of magic guarantees that you are not in danger from any dark winters. If you are still worried, but all means come see me outside class hours. If someone is alarming you with fibs about reborn dark wizards, I would like to hear about it. I am here to help. I am your friend. And now, you will kindly continue your reading. Page 5, basics for beginners." "So according to you, y/n Rosier Dropped Dead of his own accord, did he?" This was quite weird being talked about as if he were not there. "Mr Potter, you are quite deluded, y/n Rosier is sitting right at the back, perfectly alive" Umbridge started to laugh a bit. "I know but he was dead, he only came back because he was a vampire and already dead." All eyes were on him "y/n tell them what we saw the man he shot the Killing Curse at you." It was y/n time to talk "I don't know what I saw." Yes he remembered seeing that man but he didn't want to go out and talk about it, and he definitely wasn't going to say it was you-know-who he already had people talking about him.

Y/n didn't listen the the rest of the Argument he was still thinking about that night, the man and what happened before with the loose vampire. Was his life going to be like Professor Lupins, human but not human another To be accepted into society, poor and homeless because nobody wants a vampire that can kill you in a instance. Maybe after 7th year y/n should go and live somewhere like Australia and live in the Jungle, living off of animals he cought.