xiii. Blanket

ALICE COOKED DINNER that night, preparing a feast of spicy ramen and soft tofu stew, the epitome of their favorite Korean food

ALICE COOKED DINNER that night, preparing a feast of spicy ramen and soft tofu stew, the epitome of their favorite Korean food. Hoseok was over the top about the dinner, almost finishing it up in 5 minutes until Jimin told him to slow down. Alice smiled, as her cooking had always been amazing, but she couldn't cook often. She was more than happy to cook for the boys every day, because cooking was sometimes her stress relief. Jimin would always envy her cooking skills.

Of course she's good at cooking, he'd always thought.

After the dinner, Hoseok turned in and Jimin and Alice were left in the living room. Jimin recommended watching a movie together, as it was always one of their favorite things to do, and thought it would cheer her up a bit. They decided on playing 'Kiki's Delivery Service', another one of their favorites.

They were sat on the couch, each at opposite ends as they paid attention to the movie. However, Alice's thoughts caught up to her as she found herself drifting away from the movie. Jimin was too into the movie to notice her shift in expression.

"I never properly thanked you," she spoke up, startling Jimin a little, as the movie was at a quiet part.

"F-for what?" He raised his eyebrows at her.

"For letting me stay here," she smiled a bit at him. "You're the best."

A grin formed on his face. "I know," he snickered before Alice snorted, hitting him on the thigh.

The movie finished nearly a half hour later, and a loud yawn came from Alice's mouth.

"I might go to sleep," she rubbed her eyes, standing up from the couch.

"Okay," Jimin nodded, turning off the television.

"Are you tired?" She looked down at him, surprised when she saw that he didn't look the least bit sleepy. He just shook his head in response and stood up. "You should go to sleep too," she patted his back as they walked toward the wide hallway.

"Sure," he reached his door and looked at her. "Are you sure you're okay in that room?"

"Yeah, don't worry," a slight chuckle left her lips. "Goodnight," she said before going to the room beside his.

"Sweet dreams," he mumbled before going into his bedroom. He ran his hand through his hair before plopping onto his bed, pulling out his phone. Despite scrolling on Instagram, he barely processed each post that he saw as he thought about Alice. Was she really okay in that room?

It was then that Jimin felt the slight chill. He curled his body closer together, bundling up for the body warmth. He bit his lip as he remembered the only blanket he gave Alice, it being a very thin one.

He threw his feet off the bed, walking out of the door soon after. He softly knocked onto the closet room door, careful not to wake Hoseok up from across the hallway.