I'm a Normal Girl...I swear...with just some super powers 14

Hey guys! On winter break so that meansà New Chapter! Huzah!

I’m interested in having an editor I can work with. I need someone to go back and fix the grammar and what not of my previous chapters too. If anyone wants to help edit, send me a message or comment! Thanks!

I ran through scenarios for this chapter for months! I finally decided I just need to sit and write and that the characters would take on the scenario on their own.

Reminder this is tagged as a reverse harem. Fair warning that from here on out things may Eventually get Rated Mature and a bit graphic. Consider yourselves warned! J

Please Comment, Share, and StarJ ! Let me know for which team you are routing! I’ve read all your comments thus far! Knowing there are readers who love this story and are itching for more, you guys are what keep me going! So enjoy this chapter.

My sneakers made a crunching sound as I stepped on some dead leaves on the dirt trail. I inhaled taking in the refreshing, clear, and woodsy scent of the forest with my eyes closed. I looked up as I heard the birds singing above. I whistled the same tune back at the birds and they sung back. This was exactly what I needed. After swimming, hiking had been one of my favorite activities.

‘That’s because mom’s a part of the Sylvia clan’ chimed an annoying voice in my head. I frowned. Was there not a moment lately where I could just be happy without having something or thought ruin it? I sighed pushing the thought away. ‘You are who you choose to be Caramell. That’s why you’re here.’ I said to myself trying to gain conviction.

I stopped. We came to a split where a sign was. I knew exactly where we were. There were two dirt routes. Both, I knew, lead back around in a semi-circle path that took you out of the forest. Where we wanted to head was straight between these paths.

I turned around to face Jean who looked at me curiously.

“Are you thirsty or tired? We can take a water break.” I asked.

“No, I am not your highness.” He said with a nod of his head. “Do you need to rest?” He asked right back.

I nodded my head left to right and back to signal a ‘No’

“Which way are we headed now?” Jean asked.

“It’s straight between these dirt paths.” I said, gauging his reaction. He gave no sign of any thought. “It’ll be harder to go through since there is not direct path but I know this path very well. I’ve never gotten lost in these woods.” I said to reassure him. I didn’t want him saying we should turn back again. “You can use the compass keychain on my backpack for direction if you would like.” I said think that it might help ease his tension if he had any.

“A compass? No need. I’ve remembered the path thus far and I will remember it the rest of the way. I’m used to the woods.” He retorted. I smiled and turned around, continuing, knowing I could press on without hesitation after remembering our episode of him chasing and catching me earlier.