CHAPTER 1: DO THE DARE

PINUNTAHAN ni Jennie ang isang store kung saan madaming mga magagandang bags ang naka-display. This has been her habit for quite a long time, entering stores where nice bags, shoes, shining jewelries are—everything that would catch her attention.

       She won't get tired of walking around every stores to find a thing that will pass her taste, and of course, worth it of spending her money. Siyempre, pinaghirapan niya ring kitain ang nakukuhang suweldo niya.

       Being a lawyer isn't a piece of cake, lalo na noong mga nakaraang buwan dahil sunod-sunod ang mga kliyente niyang gustong ipa-handle sa kaniya ang mga malalaking kaso nila.

       Despite of being a busy woman, she still considers herself pretty lucky that she still has time—like this—where she could go shopping to buy things for her leisure.

       When it comes to clothes, she's a big collector of Chanel brand. Halos lahat ata ng sinusuot niya ay puro galing sa ganoong brand. Well, she wouldn't be called by her friends "The Human Chanel" for no reason.

       Naglibot-libot pa ang dalaga saglit sa loob ng store hanggang sa makuha ng atensyon niya ang isang bag. It's a Chanel bag with beige color.

       Pinasadahan niya iyon ng tingin at marahang napatango-tango sa ganda ng bag. “This is nice,” komento ng dalaga at tinitigan ang sarili sa salamin habang nakasukbit ang napiling bag sa kaniyang braso. It suits her styling fashion and looks perfect for her.

       Jennie was about to go to the counter when she spotted another bag. “But that's also nice!” the woman exclaimed and walked immediately towards the direction of the brown bag.

       She compared the two bags and groaned. But... they are both nice.

       Dahil hindi nga siya makapili kung anong bag ang kukunin niya, kinuha niya nalang ang dalawa pareho, 'cause why give a hard time in choosing when you can get them both, right? Besides, she don't want to give up either one of the two thing.

       She went to the counter area to pay the bags and lowered the mask that she's wearing, but then, she saw her friends not too far from where she is standing and realized that removing her mask was actually a wrong move.

       “Woy Nini!” sigaw iyon ni Chaeyoung nang magsalubong ang mga tingin nila ni Jennie.

       “Oh, crap!”

       She's definitely dead, she's sure of it, ngayon pang nakita na siya ni Chaeng at kasama pa nito si Jisoo. Hell, it's a double death.

       Hindi nalang pinansin ng dalaga ang mga kaibigan at nagpatuloy lang sa lane. Her fingers were subconsciously tapping her jeans while she's waiting for her turn.

       “Miss, pakibilisan ho,” pakiusap nito sa kahera nang siya na ang nasa harapan ng linya.

       Jennie looked around and saw Jisoo and Chaeng coming to her direction that made her lost her decorum. Shit! You're so dead now, Nini. She even tried to hide her face using the big hat that's on her head but it was way too late.

       “Aha!” The two jolted their friend, wearing a smirk on their faces. All Jennie could do was to let out a deep sigh with her weary shoulders. Wala na, nandito na sila, nabuko na ang pagdidisguise na ginawa niya.

       “Sabi na nga ba! Pinagtataguan mo kami!” asik ni Jisoo sa babae. Hinablot nito ang suot na sombrero ng dalaga at nilipat sa kaniyang ulo. “I look like a cowgirl from a nineteen fifties action film, hee-yah!” She even did a hand movement on the air as if holding a rope while riding a horse.