Chapter 26

Thanks for the votes and comments guys!

The doors to Everglen swung open, and a smiling Fitz greeted them. Sophie felt especially fidgety around him, and he frowned when he noticed her behavior.

"Um... Sophie- is everything okay?" Fitz asked, putting a hand on her arm. She flinched and his arm immediately dropped.

Keefe appeared behind him, mud and grass dotting his tunic.

"Hey, Foster! Fitzy and I were just playing bramble. Guess what- I beat him!" His voice was so adorably excited, and Sophie couldn't conceal a grin.

They all stood there silently for a minute until Dex appeared, with Tam not very far behind.

Keefe made his way next to Sophie and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and whispered, "It's going to be okay. I think I know what you're worrying about. Don't."

The words were hardly reassuring, and Sophie knew that Keefe could feel the doubt radiating off of her, so he tightened his grip for a second, then dropped his arm and backed away.

(Wait I'm sorry I have to say this-
Celery- *tightens grip*
PLEASE TELL ME someone understood this reference.)

"Let's go inside!" Biana interrupted, trying to lighten the mood. It worked.

Everyone herded inside and sat in a circle on the fluffy rug in one of the living rooms. She made sure to position herself far away from Keefe and Fitz. It was too much to handle right there and then.

"Okay, well the last sleepover we had was searching through scrolls the entire night for the Lodestar Initiative. What should we do?" Sophie asked, looking at everyone except Keefe and Fitz, who were fixing her with intense and concerned glances.

"What do you do at human sleepovers usually?" Lin suggested from her left.

Sophie's face flushed. "I- never had a human sleepover. Everyone thought I was a freak. Believe me, no one wanted to hang around me, and I mean- were they really wrong?"

"They were," Tam offered from a shadowy corner. Everyone stared at him, dumbfounded. "What? Sophie's pretty fun to hang out with."

If it was possible, her blush deepened even more, and the embarrassment was replaced with happiness. This was a place where she really belonged.

"Well, from the books that I read, they watch movies, eat food and play games like truth or dare."

"No way- I'm not playing truth or dare!" Keefe said hurriedly after catching the wicked glint in Ro's eyes.

"I guess we could all go hang out with the ghoul in the attic, then," Sophie joked, and everyone stared at her like she was a madwoman.

"Oh come on. There's no Harry Potter here either?" she groaned. "Oh, you guys would laugh when you saw how humans portrayed elves and gnomes. But actually... the goblins are kind of spot on."

"What in everblaze is Harry Potter?" Dex questioned.

"No... you guys! This is not okay!" Sophie tugged at her eyelashes frustratedly. "Okay, we are going to watch all 8 of the movies tonight and we'll go into tomorrow if we have to. Let's just forget about the Neverseen and all of our other problems." Never had Sophie thought that those words would be uttered out of her mouth, but this was Harry Potter.

Everyone was silent as she pulled out her imparter and called Amy, requesting all of the movies, starting with the Sorcerers Stone and ending with The Deathly Hallows Part 2.

"Oookay, Foster, take a chill pill," Keefe said. "How are you going to watch them anyway?"

——————

Sophie and Dex ended up sneaking into their old house, Amy obviously knew. Dex "borrowed" the old TV in the basement and set to work to make it solar powered.

Amy handed the CD and CD case of all eight movies to Sophie and told her to have fun and call her after every movie.

"It's one thing to watch Harry Potter, but you're going to watch it with real elves and goblins and gnomes and stuff! That's so cool!"

Everyone was careful not to wake up the adults as they levitated the TV out the door and teleported away using Sophie's new running-at-the-speed-Of-light-to-teleport ability.

"Bye, Amy!" Dex shouted. Amy's cheeks tinted pink, and Sophie did a double take.

No. Way.

Back at Everglen, they hung up the TV and put in the first movie.

Sophie moved in close to Keefe's side and leaned her head on his chest. His arm instinctively wrapped around her shoulders in a protective way, and Sophie was all for it. His chin rested on top of her head, almost possessively.

Every time Keefe laughed, she could feel the faint vibration next to her cheek. And he laughed a lot.

"What- they think elves looked like that! Ha, I know I don't look like that, but Fitzy, I think I see some resemblance between you and Dobby!

"Whoa! That goblin is practically Sandor's twin!" When Sandor made a strangled noise in the back of his throat, Keefe added, "Aww, don't worry, you'll still be my favorite Gigantor.

He also started comparing a lot of people to people he knew in the Lost Cities.

"Foster, you're definitely Harry Potter. You're the leader of our little group and you have all the cool abilities and stuff like Harry!

"Doesn't Cornelius Fudge remind you of Bronte? The grumpy old councilor isn't that bad I guess- not compared to Fudge. I mean, what kind of last name IS THAT?"

His face fell when he saw Lucius, Narcissa and Draco Malfoy gather in Malfoy Manor.

"Lucius reminds me a lot of my dad," he said in a distant voice, "but at least Malfoy gets some respect from his dad. And my mom, she's like the Voldemort of the whole situation. Wow, I love how my parents are represented by some of the biggest villains." The sarcasm in his voice was heavy.

Sophie sat up straight and put one hand on the side of his face. "Hey. Remember what I said. Tonight we aren't worrying about the Neverseen. Plus- Draco's an awesome character!" she argued.

Keefe laughed softly and pulled her back into her position, head leaning on him. It was then that she noticed everyone was watching them.

"Guys, pay attention. This is an important part!" Sophie blurted out, and all the gazes drifted back towards the TV screen as Harry practically choked down the Gillyweed.

By the fifth movie, Sophie's eyelids felt heavy, and she felt so comfortable tucked into Keefe like this.

After a few minutes, she didn't fight the sleep that tried to overtake her. "'Night," she whispered before sinking into the dark room that encased her consciousness and lulled it to sleep.

Ok... get ready
I'm going to include a much awaited Keefe POV next chapter!!! I'm excited to write it- so we'll see how much you like reading it. But you're gonna have to bear with me. I haven't gotten many peeks into Keefe's thoughts, so I'm going out on a limb here.

Don't forget to vote and comment!