CHAPTER 17

A/N : back to Jasmine's Pov. Flashback ended.

Jasmine's Pov

"Langston?" I felt the hot tears starting to form . The times that I didnt care . i shouldve . what if he did the same thing . What if my life becomes in fear all over again. I couldnt deal with it so I turne on my heels and was prepared to make my way out this store and out this mall and out this town ... Until a hard grip held on tight to my wrist and pulled me close. I closed my eyes and took a strong long whiff of the scent. Boss man cologne.

"Jasmine please dont . Im tired of not living my life cause i ruined yours. and I apologize for everything I have done. You know that wasnt me you know what im going through what im living with and I hope you can forgive me with that being said I will find another employee to help you find what you need." Langston released his grip and walked away.

I stood there . Motionless. Breathless. Thump. Thump. Thump. The beating of my heart became louder and louder. I felt like breaking down . Buh i had to maintain myself. I took my breathing excercise that my therapist taught me. Yea I take Therapy . ive been soo stressed i had to find a way to cure myself before i do something I regret.

"Excuse me mam i was told you needed some assitance." I opened ny eyes and cracked a small smile.

"Yes . i do im looking for something that fits a little boys nothing to big but nothing to small..." As I was telling the worker about what I wanted I glanced behind him and saw Langston talking to another customer but still facing my direction. He through a few glances and smirked here and there. and i know i shouldnt be smiling but i did and only because hes trying . hes trying to become something better.

"Follow me mam" the worker said taking me out of my thoughts. He walked over to the flat screens and pointed to this Tv that screamed take me. It was a nice shape . Great look great quality...

"Ill take it." he picked up the box and walked me over to the checkout where I saw August holding the Ps4 box.

"we good." August asked.

"Yea next stop sneaker and clothes store.". I Smiled.

Hours later after shopping for a Christmas tree and Melvin and August.

"MELVIN COME DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!" I was looking at his Report card and the teachers had left some very weird notes.

"Yea ma" he raced downstairs and by the look of my face his fce changed to.

"So your teachers put as I repeat ' Your son is very good in classwork and working with others but he talks non stop while i try to teach a lesson and he was encounter in a strong situation that happened the other day involving two other students we will like to have you down for parent teacher conference' So you mind telling me whats this about?"

"okay one the teachers starts off the lesson as 'we going to put you in partners' and of course i like to be ready in ahead of time so i was asking people to be my partner two theres this kid his name is Jermaine and hes kind of new bout a month new and he keeps bullying Iysha and not only shes a girl shes my friend and friends is suppose to be there for one another so i kind of pushed him and he fell." Melvin looked down rubbing the back of his neck. all of my anger went away knowing that treating him the way my mom treated me wont solve anything. I got up from my seat and made my way over to Melvins side. I hugged him as tight as I can.

"Its okay baby Its okay Im not mad at you anymore . i love you chunkbutt."

"I love you to mommy." he maybe 5 years old but i want nothing but the absolute best for him. After letting him go I planted a soft kiss on his forhead.