Chapter 8- The Mysterious Voice

As an apology I did this chapter really quick and good. Enjoy!
After quite a while of running, the girls' energy drained out. "Now what?" asked Dylan. "Mmmmm...Oh!" said Anastasia, "Should we show her the forest?" She whispered in Charlotte's ear. "Maybe we should wait for Scarlett." Charlotte whispered back. The green eyed girl nodded. "Hey what's going on?" asked Dylan curiously. "Nothing..." replied Charlotte. Dylan narrowed her eyes and jumped on Charlotte. While Charlotte screamed Anastasia laughed. After a few seconds Anastasia pried Dylan off Charlotte only to find Dylan on her making her fall backwards into the grass. Anastasia swore loudly and Charlotte pranced around saying "karma karma karma" in a sing song voice. Then Dylan got tired so Anastasia took her chance and got away from her but Dylan stroke again on Charlotte. "SEXUAL HARASSMENT" screeched Charlotte. She would always say that for a reason nobody knew. "THERE'S A CREEPY RIVER WE FOUND WITH SCARLETT!" Shouted Charlotte "NOW GET OFF!". Dylan released her grip on Charlotte and flopped off. "Ay Charlie tú siempre. Canto de pollo..." said Anastasia jokingly in Spanish. Translated that would mean 'Oh Charlotte always you. You piece of chicken.'

"Show me! Show me! Show me! Show me!" Dylan kept on saying. "Dylan we have to go with Scarlett too!" Anastasia said but it didn't help, her friend still insisted to going. "FINE WOMAN!" Said Anastasia giving up. "What about we have Scarlett in face-time." Suggested Charlotte. Anastasia shrugged "Why not?". And so on their way to the forest Charlotte was calling Scarlett but nobody answered. Dylan groaned "Can't you just take me there without Scarlett." "I'll just tell her we went on Monday." said Anastasia. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU." Squealed Dylan. "Calm to tits. Hakuna your tatas." Started Anastasia. "Not again..." Sighed Charlotte. "De-stress your breasts. Don't have a rack attack. Undo the calamity that is your mammaries. Soothe your boobs. Adjust your bust before it combusts. Give that chest a rest." Anastasia continued. "You done yet?" Asked Charlotte. "Yes ma'am."
Anastasia grinned.

When they finally got to the forest they took the small path to the river. "Holy crap..." whispered Dylan, "Do you guys hear the-" "Whispers." a mysterious voice finished. Anastasia's heart dropped and the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. The girls looked around, terrified. "Girls, stand back to back." Said Anastasia trying to seem brave. The friends stood in a triangle like formation, each looking at a different direction. "Don't be scared." Said the voice. Suddenly they all heard footsteps coming through the passage. It was Scarlett. "I heard you were here again." said the blue eyed girl. "What's wrong?" She said when she saw her friend's faces. "They're afraid." The voice said mockingly. Scarlett's face when pale. She joined her friend's triangle and made it a square.

"It's actually quite hilarious how you all are horrified." said the creepy voice "You don't need to be afraid of me. I just want to show you guys something." "Oh hell no." Dylan snapped "I am not taking orders from some disembodied stupid voice. Show yourself you coward. " "Oh we have a feisty one here... Just follow the blue lights younglings." said the voice with a chuckle. Weird looking smoky sapphire lights appeared in a trail leading over the river to the other side. "Um..." Stuttered Charlotte. "A-are we really going through with this?" " If you don't I'll drown you in the river." the voice said blankly. Charlotte and Anastasia's eyes widened simultaneously. "Let's not question creepy mystery voice anymore." Anastasia said in a whisper. The girls followed the lights until the edge of the river. "Go on children." The voice urged. "Oh I almost forgot you guys can't levitate yourselves. Rocks appeared where the lights were creating a bridge over the river. "Well here we go..." said Scarlett with a deep breath as they started hopping stone to stone across the river.