||2||

"Hey, hey! We rise with the dawn in this household!" Uncle Yu-Hon suddenly shouted as he threw my blanket off me. A blast of cold rushed over me and I quickly curled up before I slowly and groggily sat up, realising that my blanket wasn't coming back to me. I slowly rubbed my eyes and waited for them to adjust to the sudden light forced upon them so suddenly.

"Uncle?" I looked at him confused and let out a yawn, "What's happening?"

"Training is happening, kid," he gave me a cocky grin, "put these on and meet me out front."

He threw some clothes at me, and then turned, leaving my room. I just kind of stared there for a moment before stretching and standing up, I lifted up what he'd thrown at me to find they were some simple training clothes that I see most of the soldiers wearing during basic training but seemingly different. A sleeveless black shirt and matching trousers with a silverish-white hem and sash. On the left shoulder was an embroidered red dragon, and the material was light and easy to move in.

Once dressed, I glanced over myself in the mirror and let out a low huff as I forced my hair to flatten down. Since my hair reached this length, it's been curling out irritatingly, so I've been doing some forcing to flatten. I prefer it straight, like mothers, though—

"I guess I do look good with curly hair too," I hummed before shaking my head and moving to the doors of my room. After sliding them open, I found I didn't have to look far for my Uncle as I found him stood on the grass outside of my room.

He was wearing similar clothing, but his feet and fists were wrapped in bandages, and he didn't have a dragon embroidered on his shoulder. Instead it looked like there was a vine like pattern twisting around his right half of his shirt.

"You're finally out," Yu-Hon gestured for me to step from the walkway down onto the grass next to him and pulled out some bandages, "let's wrap your fists and feet up and we'll begin with some basic martial arts. Let's defeat this training with all the enthusiasm we can muster, yes?"

'Defeat'? He really has a kind of violent way of viewing these things. The enthusiasm is contagious though.

"Yeah," I nodded with a yawn, starting to feel a bit more energetic. Slowly, but I'm getting there.

"Well that was pitiful," he shook his head, almost disappointed, and placed his hands on my shoulders, "when you speak, speak from your stomach and project your voice, boy. Or no one will ever hear you."

"Yes, sir," I nodded, a little louder now but still quiet enough as to not disturb anyone still sleeping.

"Better," he nodded before taking one of my hands, "now give me your hands, let me wrap you up."

°🪔°
hours later_

"You're open," Yu-Hon threw a kick to my side, sending me tumbling to the floor, "come on, get up. Let's try that again. Remember, Aric, you must always keep your guard up no matter what."

I let out a low breath before looking back up to him.

"Right," I nodded, pushing myself to my feet again. My muscles were aching, and I was definitely getting bruises from the beat down I was basically getting this morning. It seems even training is something he doesn't gently move into, I think he's forgetting I barely ran around let alone had any fighting experience. Or maybe that's why he's being so tough? Ah well, I won't complain. The fact I'm being trained at all is one I am grateful for.

But still he's not being nice at all. He could be a little easier on me if not for me then for the fact that this is only the first session... Guess that's what I get for asking Yu-Hon, the best general in the kingdom, to train me.