One last time -ch10

We had just a few hours until our flight was going to leave. It was a good trip. I thought I could never come back here. I thought it would cause too much pain.  I didn't know if I would be ok with being here. I think there is still pain here and it doesn't hold what it once did for me, but now I'm able to remember the new memories of New York.  

         Carlos and I are creating new memories. I got to show my daughter all my favorite places. My husband got to see where I grew up. I will remember that most about New York and this trip. 

We got coffee at a shop not too far from the airport 

I broke up a donut for Hazel " here you go Hazel"

She bit the donut " thank you, daddy!"

Carlos looked at me " you ready to go home?"

I looked at him " I am... I'm ready to go back to our everyday life..."

Carlos smiled " me too..."

Carlos looked over to see a new face " is that..."

I looked over " not again..."

He came closer " T...TK funny seeing you again..."

I looked at him " you stalking us now..."

He laughed... not knowing if it's a joke " uh... of course not. My business partner and I meet here a lot."

He looked at Hazel " is that your daughter...?"

Carlos smiled " this is Hazel... Hazel say hi!"

She smiled " hiiii"

I stood up " hey um babe I'm gonna step over there for a second I'll be right back!" 

Alex looked at me " listen TK I'm relieved that I ran into you.... and that you're happy. Carlos seems like a really great guy and I'm glad that you guys have this family together. I know that's what you've always wanted.

I smiled " thank you... you know sobriety and my marriage has taught me not to hold onto things. I forgive you for everything you put me through and thank you..."

He looked at me " thank you? for what?"

I looked at him " If you hadn't cheated... or done whatever you'd call it... I probably wouldn't have met Carlos. I wouldn't have my little girl in my life and I wouldn't have any of this..."

Carlos interrupted " babe we should get going!"

I looked at Alex " take care"

Carlos put his hand on my back as we walked out with Hazel in his arms " you ok?"

I looked at him "I'm good"