Touchdowns and Declarations

Request - 2020

Boyxboy

The request
A football jock (Fraser) is secretly going out with a nerd (Osten). They're so happy together, but only when they're alone. When they're at school Fraser always teases Osten by pushing him into lockers calling him horrible names to keep their relationship a secret.
But one day he pushes Osten too far and ends up giving him a black eye. Osten ends his secret relationship.
Then a 2 weeks later he sees some guy talking to Osten and he filps completely and confesses his love and that Osten is his and his alone. He could make and idiot of himself because they guy is Osten's cousin. And they finally get back together. - Hbol15

*

"You're coming to the game on Friday, right?"

Fraser is standing at the foot of his boyfriend's bed, tugging his shirt back on as he happily takes in the view. Osten always gets lethargic after they fuck, and it's the cutest damn thing that Fraser has ever seen.

"You gonna give me your letterman jacket this time?" Osten counters, his arms lazily draped behind his head as he looks up at Fraser.

Fraser stills, head tilting to the side with a disappointed sigh on his lips.

"You know I--"

"I know," Osten assures him as he stretches, sighing himself. "I'm just teasing."

The thing about Osten is that he always sounds so unbothered by everything. When he's happy, when he's sad - his voice doesn't change. It makes him a frustrating person to many people in school, people who liked to get a rise out of the individuals they were teasing.

But you could say anything to Osten and he would just shrug and say, "okay."

To some, that might seem like he just didn't feel. But Fraser knows he does. He's seen those small smiles that he hides to himself, he's heard that musical laugh - listened to his thoughts inside that clever mind.

Just because Osten didn't want to show himself to their classmates didn't mean that there wasn't anything there.

Fraser gets it, hiding away right now.

Hell, no one knows that they spend time with each other - let alone in a relationship. They live in a small town that doesn't take kindly to anything new or different, and Fraser's family?

Well, they have a pretty strict view on what Fraser should do and who he is.

He told Osten as much when they first got involved. Miss Nilsson, their biology teacher, paired them together for a dissection project.

Fraser got light headed the moment that Osten started to pierce through the worm. He didn't even need to say anything, Osten just immediately put up his hand and told Miss Nilsson that he wasn't feeling well and could Fraser bring him to the nurse.

Miss Nilsson had only rolled her eyes and let the two boys out of the classroom, where Fraser promptly threw up in a trash can while Osten rubbed his back.

Osten, from the get go, knew what image to a person like Fraser meant.

The star Quarterback, banking on a sport's scholarship to get him into University. A family that had his back, but only if he conformed to a very specific image of what a golden child should be.

Osten had understood that, and dealt with an entire week of teasing from their class about getting squeamish over a worm with little more than a dismissive shrug.

He's, without a doubt, the coolest person that Fraser knows. Even if he is often dismissed as a nerd, Fraser knows something that they don't. He knows the guy behind the oversized hoodies and messy hair. He knows Osten in a way that they will never be able to, and he can't help but feel grateful for that.