9.

„Restore the relationship you have damaged and fill me with peace.”
~ Capitan Krause, Greyhound

It was Saturday and Brian would do everything to not go to work after a sleepless night.

Well, he didn't have any choice so he found himself in the swim guard canteen, sitting on his stool. Brian wasn't even reading the book that rested on his laps, opened on a random page just so. He was looking at the floor, not really thinking about anything.

It was just hard for him to decide if he wanted Roger to come or not. And if he came, if Brian should act normal and happy as ever or don't talk to Roger at all.

Brian was never good at making decisions so he decided to let it be. Whatever happens, he will have to work with that.

Meanwhile in the changing room Roger had similar worries. Because his mind was blank untill he stood up in front of the pool building. He packed his things and made his way there automatically, without even thinking.

Roger believed that whatever is happening, it's always meant to be.

So he went with it. He changed into his trunks and then, when he had his hand on the knob at the door to the main hall, he suddenly realised he didn't know what to do.

But, unlike Brian, Roger didn't freak out, didn't dwell on it. He turned the knob and stepped inside in the most confident style.

Brian heard the door opening and his legs just carried him up from the stool and to the exit of the canteen. He perked only his head out to see Roger with an ugly green towel strapped over his shoulder. And Brian smiled.

The blond smiled back, despite knowing that they aren't looking at each other the same way they did a week ago. The smile made it's way onto his face involuntarily.

Brian waited at the canteen's doorway for Roger to approach him and they didn't know when it happened, but they ended up in a hug. They subconsciously yearned for a warm hug. And the fact that Brian was in a screaming red t-shirt and Roger didn't have a t-shirt at all, didn't make the hug less lovely or comfy.

Brian tried his best to smell Roger's scent through the thick smell of chlorine surrounding them. But when he got it, he smiled and squeezed the blond harder. Roger's smell wasn't extraordinary or anything like that, it was just smell that only Roger had. And for some reason it was extremely comforting for Brian.

It was the same reason Brian's scent was comforting for Roger, who closed his eyes and let himself be carried away by the warm body against his. He blinked a few times and a tear escaped the corner of his eye.

He wished he could stay like this, in those arms, forever.

Brian could've been full on crying by that time if he didn't try to blink the tears away. But as much as he tried to bit his lip, the smile was pressing harder and harder. When he couldn't resist any longer, he smiled widely but with mouth closed and the tears flowed down, leaving  stains on his cheeks.

They were both crying, smiling and after a moment also started giggling. Their bodies started shaking as the chuckles intensified and they finally broke the hug which seemed to go on for ages. Well that they broke the hug didn't mean they didn't want to stay in that hug longer.

So after literally a second they snaked their arms against each other again. That hug was shorter but gave them a lot of joy anyway.

Nothing needed to be said when Brian's arms stayed loosely wrapped around Roger middle and Roger pressed his forehead to the place where Brian's collarbone was. Being shorter had it's advantages after all.