• Memorial day •

Elsa couldn't sleep. She was comfortable in your arms but couldn't drift away. As her anxiety kept growing, she slowly let go of your embrace and left the room.

It has been a long day of work for the Queen of Arendelle. Today she had twice the amount of work and it was also the memorial day. It has been 6 years since the loss of her parents. This day was very confronting to the young woman, due to the fact that she always felt down. But since you came into her life last year, she improved.

She had her sister before, but for Elsa you are as important as her. Anna did understand why Elsa's mood would change constantly, especially this day, and would stick with her for the whole day to remind herself that she wasn't alone. But sometimes Elsa needed to be alone and to think. Of course you knew this, but you thought that maybe this would depress her more.

As the young Monarch kept walking through the empty halls, she stopped at the sight of two paintings. The first one had Anna, herself and her parents, and the second one, the sisters, Kristoff, Olaf, Sven and you.

Her eyes gazed upon the first painting. She smiled sadly at the thought of that day.

"Elsa?" A voice was heard. Elsa turned around quickly.

"(Y/N)." She greeted.

"Are you alright?" You said walking closer to her. "I noticed you weren't on bed anymore, so I searched for you and I guess I found you." You said giggling a little bit, Elsa's smile grew at that sound.

Both of you stayed in silent for a moment, when you were about to asked for her again.

"You can always talk to me snowflake." You said looking at her with a sweet smile, thinking that maybe she would feel better.

In response, Elsa hugged you as she started to cry. You hugged her tighter and rubbed her back softly.

You lifted your head to see the painting. "You miss them, don't you?"

"I–I though that I was strong, t–that I could forget about i–it." Elsa sobbed.

"But you are strong enough Elsa, and you don't have to forget about them. They are your parents, they are your family." You said letting go of her embrace so you could see her eyes.

Elsa looked at you with still watery eyes. As you saw one small tear coming out of her eye, you quickly withdrew it and caressed her cheek.

"And so are we." You said looking at the second painting, Elsa followed your gaze. "Family stays together no matter what, even if you can't physically see them, we all are always going to be there for each other."

Elsa sighted. "You're right, t–thank you (Y/N). Thank you for everything you've done. I love you, you have no idea how much I do." Elsa said as she hugged you once more as tight as she could in case you would disappear.

"I love you even more Elsa." You said hugging her back. "Don't try to push them away, think that they found peace. They are happy knowing that I, your knight in shining armor is looking over you for them." You said as Elsa giggled.

"The smartest, kindest and bravest personal guard I could ever ask for." She said looking at you with her eyes full of love and admiration. You blushed. "And girlfriend, of course." She said causing you to scratch the back of your neck awkwardly.

"Do you think they would have accepted me?" You said hugging her by her side and looking at the painting.

"Absolutely, but even if they wouldn't, I would always try and find my way to be with you." She said leaning in for a soft kiss on your lips. You gracefully kissed her back.

A/N: First one-shot! I hope you will all like the things I have in mind. Also, I'll use 'snowflake' a lot, because I think IT'S SUPER CUTE. 🥺👉🏼👈🏼

Stay safe during this hard time. If you ever need someone to talk, I'm your girl. ❤️