Chapter Five

Its really dark now and I am walking slowly wondering if I am actually  heading in the right direction to my apartment. I realize that I am now on mainstreet. There is one light still on, about 30 feet away and I walk near it, when I recognize it as the record store. I see 2 people in the window, looking back at me.

Ollie, the store owner, and I guy I have never seen before. I see Ollie come towards the door.

“Hey come on in, its freezing out here.” I walk in the door and take in the old smell of the small shop. The blonde guy looks at me and opens his mouth.

        “Hi, I don’t think we’ve met. My name is Jacen.”

        “Hi Jacen, I am Ingrid.”

        “Your name is beautiful, Ingrid.” I blush and look back at him.

        “Thanks, Jacen.”

“Haha, what are you two doing here? Is’nt the shop closed by now? What time is it even?”

        “Yeah It is, I just really wanted the new Nirvana album, it came out in September but I haven’t had a chance to buy it, until now.” He holds up the vinyl.

        “You listen to Nirvana?” I look up at him.

        “Uh, yeah?” he asks.

I unzip my sweatshirt to reveal my Nirvana tee, black with the basic yello logo spread across the ancient material.

        “NO WAY! I THOUGHT I WAS LIKE THE LAST PERSON IN THIS TOWN TO LISTEN TO ACTUAL GOOD MUSIC!” he shouts with and excited tone.

        “Haha, yeah I thought the same thing.” I reply with a smirk smeared across my face.

        “Anyways, thanks Ollie, but I think I should get going. Ingrid do you have a ride home?”

        “No problem, see you soon” Ollie shouts back from across the shop where he was restocking shelves.

        “Ingrid do you have a ride home because I could drop you off.”

        “No I am okay, thank you,I can walk.” I reply nervously, this guy could be a fucking murderer or rapist, He is a stranger, we don’t even know eachother. Does he really think he’s going to get by me this fast?

        “You’re kidding me! It’s freezing. I’ll take you home.” he looks and me and before I know it he’s taken my hand and were walking outside to his car. He doesn't have a truck, just a small beat-up car. It’s cute. And small. He asks where I live and I tell him.

And I can’t believe what I’ve just heard. He tells me that he lives in the same apartment as me. How come I haven’t seen him around? That’s weird. When we arrive at the apartments I get out of his car and feel the cold winter air hit my face. We walk up to the big door and step inside. I realize we would have to part ways in order to go to our own apartments.

        “My apartment number is 107 if you ever want to hangout, I’m always here if you need to talk. I mean always, I like never go out.”

        “Okay thanks, see you at school?”

        “Yeah, of course. Would you mind if I sat with you at lunch?”

        “Not at all. See you at lunch, Jacen.”

        “Goodnight, Ingrid.”