Chapter 21 - Blessed silence -

In the evening we arrived in Lyria and the castle wasn't too far anymore. So we looked for an inn we could stay in for the night until tomorrow noon. Unfortunately, they only got two rooms instead of three so I offered to share a room with Jaskier so Geralt could have some rest from the bard. "Eve, you're too kind but no. You're a lady and should have your own room. I can stay with Geralt in one room, right?" Jaskier said and threw one arm over Geralt's shoulder which Geralt quickly took off of him. "Come on, Jaskier, we've been friends since forever. Let Geralt get some blessed silence." I smiled at Geralt who had a thanking expression. Jaskier gasped not audibly. "Eh- wh- so, you think so too? You, too, want some 'blessed silence'?" He asked shocked but then he got an idea by which he couldn't hide his grin. 

"How about you two then share a room?" he asked and gestured at Geralt and me. Geralt shrugged and I stood there in silence. What? I shrugged as well. "I don't care as long as I get some sleep in a comfy bed." I said and stretched my back which then made a cracking sound. Jaskier then looked at Geralt with raised brows as if he's expecting an answer. "Same for me." he said and I gulped not audibly nor visible. "Great, then it's settled! You two will be sharing a room and get some blessed silence." Jaskier pronounced every word he said in that sentence and then grabbed his lute from his back. "Then it'll be just the two of us." he whispered to his lute and gave it a gentle kiss at what I snorted.

Jaskier went into his room and did whatever, I don't even wanna know, with his lute and Geralt and I went to ours which was only three rooms further. "Have you counted?" I asked Geralt and he nodded. I was talking about our bet. I did so too and unfortunately, we both lost but I was further away. "Eight." Geralt stated and I nodded in agreement. I pushed the fact that I gotta dance at the banquet aside as soon as we arrived at the room. Jaskier got the other because his room only got a single bed, this one's got a double bed. I exhaled and blew a strand of hair away because that would be the bed Geralt and I shared... Just for sleeping not with each other of course but just sleeping! That would be the first time that I sleep in the same bed as a man. How did I even get into this situation?

"Did you hear me?" Geralt asked but I shook my head. "No, sorry. What did you say?" I asked again smiling because of me not hearing it and to hide that it embarrassed me that I haven't listened and that we would sleep in the same bed. "I'm going to check the notice board." He said and was already halfway out of the door. "Alright." was all I said.

I looked around the room once the door closed behind Geralt. As I already mentioned the double bed beside it was a nightstand with a candle on top of it. On the other side was a bookshelf with many books inside of it, such as 'Lara Dorren and Cregennan of Lod', 'The Conjunction of the Spheres' and 'Pearls of the North - Novigrad'. Across from the bed was a wooden dresser with two more candles and a little box on top of it. At the end of the room was a large window with dark red curtains. Also, there was a room divider and behind it was a bathtub, a bucket, some sponges and towels.

I put my bag with my clothing next to the bed and got the bucket and went downstairs with it to get some hot water. As I asked one of the barmaids down at the bar they told me that they would fill up the tub with hot water right away. While I waited I ordered some ale to check if it's as good as in aldersberg. I took a sip and it was indeed very tasty. It didn't take long and the woman I talked to came back with a smile. "The tub's full of hot water now, enjoy your bath."

I went up to the room and as soon as I saw Geralt was still away I went behind the room divider and took off my clothes. I went into the tub and my muscles instantly relaxed and I sighed. How long has it been since I took a proper bath that wasn't in a river? I enjoyed my bath and rubbed my arms and legs to get rid of the smell and the dirt that was there. Even tho I was already clean I stayed in the tub and had my eyes closed and almost fell asleep if it weren't for the door which went open just like my eyes. 

Geralt's back. I quickly got up and out of the tub. "Evelyn?" I heard Geralt ask to which I responded with a simple 'Yes?' as I started to get myself dry with the towel. I looked down and saw that I forgot my clothing on the bed. Great. I wrapped the towel around my chest so it would cover up what needs to be covered. I went towards the bed when I saw Geralt sitting on it and looking at me as soon as I was in sight. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I had a little blush on my face for forgetting my clothes. Hopefully, he wouldn't notice. I grabbed some fresh clothing out of my bag and had to adjust my towel a bit so it wouldn't fall. He followed me with his eyes and I smiled awkwardly at him and hid behind the room divider to get changed.

"Got any jobs?" I asked as I dropped my towel as soon as I knew he couldn't see anything. Geralt sighed. "No, just some kitty rescuing." he told me what made me giggle. "Poor kitty. Why aren't you helping it?" He didn't say anything but I could sense that he's rolling his eyes right now.