Chapter 53 - Toussaint -

In Kaer Morhen we would be sitting in the living room, brooding. Geralt and I had a teeny tiny fight and now we were sitting in the living room not talking to each other. The fight was about me haven drunk all of the Erveluce, his favourite wine and forgot to tell him. Lambert, Eskel and Jaskier were sitting in a different corner doing whatever.

"Fuck you." Geralt grumbled and I gasped as I stood up from the couch. "Fuck me yourself, asshole." I said and now he stood up, glaring at me with a frown just like me. Geralt started to take his armour off without taking his gaze from mine. "You asked for this." he said and threw his swords on the couch. I threw myself at him kissed him passionately. "This is the weirdest fucking foreplay I've ever seen." Jaskier said as they looked over to us. "Not in the living room!" Eskel shouted. We both faced the men and murmured and then turned to go upstairs.

Since everyone knew about our relationship things like this happened all the time. We behaved like a couple that just got together, kissing, hugging and fucking around all the time on any occasion. He spoiled me so much that I am sassing around almost all of the time and even Jaskier wondered how much of an impact this man had on me. Also, I couldn't be mad at him for long and neither did he. And for that our fights never lasted for long, like the fight about the wine it almost every time end up, with us forgiving each other immediately and then we would usually hop into bed together. 

Not soon after that, we started our journey to Toussaint. I enjoyed killing monsters with Geralt but a week or two off sounded great. We told Jaskier to not bring too much so the horses don't have to carry too much weight. We also managed to get Jaskier a horse even when the person who sold it said no, we still got it under certain circumstances. Not that it matters but some people need to know with whom they shouldn't mess. Now Roach and Amber had less to carry.

It'll take about two weeks until we get there, meaning it's more travelling than a vacation but on the way there we would stop in some villages or towns for some monster problems and like that we would have more coin to spend. We only took jobs that wouldn't take long so we don't gain extra days on our journey. 

In the Amell region, which lies almost directly in front of Toussaint there were two knights in golden armour wandering around in a village. They looked not like usual knights. In the northern kingdoms, they would all wear silver armour. Golden armour and a helmet with large blue feathers could only mean one thing! Knights of Toussaint. It means we're close to the border. We headed straight towards the gate on the other side of the village. The knights asked no questions and let us through since travelling between Toussaint and the northern kingdoms was something that was allowed if there was no war at the moment that would include Toussaint. Even if it's a vassal state of Nilfgaard they were not involved in their political situation, meaning they were not at war.

"Oh, would you look at that?" Jaskier exclaimed and gestured at the scenery in front of him. It was indeed very beautiful here. Mountains, rivers and wine fields were everywhere. Olive trees standing on the sides of the roads. I'll be definitely getting some bottles of Erveluce for Geralt. Maybe even consider a date even though we're both not the romantic type of person. I'd still like to pretend for a day or two, or even the whole holiday, that Geralt and I were a usual couple; not being Witchers, not thinking about how to make coin through ideal jobs by killing some monsters. 

We arrived in Beauclair, the capital of Toussaint. It's said to be a charmed city, that pushes people to love and drink. Making nobody wanting to leave the city. In Beauclair was the palace of duchess Anna Henrietta and her husband, duke Raymund, who currently was out of town, he was in Cintra. We would stay at an inn near the palace in town. The town looked so clean and beautiful, a complete contrast to Novigrad. From the outside, it looked very nice but when you were in Novigrad it wasn't very delightful but here in Beauclair it looked beautiful from the view of afar and on the inside.

After we got our rooms, nothing too special, just two rooms with the usual furniture in them. Jaskier and I wanted to explore the city and we took Geralt with us, since it's his vacation, too. He needed to know what kind of things are around us and what we could do here. I took his hand to get him to walk with us and he softened at my grip. Ever since I got a Witcher I became rougher what was caused by the mutations, I guess, but Geralt didn't minded. Jaskier did sometimes because when I wanted to hit him lightly on the shoulder it always turned out to be with more strength than I wanted to give.

Looking around we found a place called the Gran' place. There were merchants, bards and many other people, mostly noblemen and women, here. We heard the merchants saying "If you cannot find what you seek at Beauclairs market, it doesn't exist!" Really? Everything one looks for is here? Interesting. We kept looking through the things that would be sold here and Jaskier was more than pleased. We weren't even here for an hour and he already bought new clothing. That's the Jaskier I know. I smiled lightly at his actions while Geralt and I walked behind the bard, making sure he doesn't get in trouble.

"Evelyn?" I turned and saw a young man with blonde hair and blue eyes standing in front of me. He wore a knights armour but not the one the knights wore here in Toussaint. How does he know my name?