Chapter 1

Nicole sighed and dialed Chole's number as Albert tapped his foot impatiently, "Really? I thought she said she was coming with us!" Nicole shook her head confused herself. "No no- She just needs to pack up and maybe she's a bit nervous-" Chole opened the door slowly. "I needed to pack my stuff.." Albert gaped at the huge bags behind Choles legs, "You can't bring all that!" Cassie spoke up, adjusting her backpack, "You can only bring two bags, Chole."

Chole huffed and grabbed a backpack and a large purse. "Adrien did bring the snacks right? I won't be able to live for 5 seconds without a protein bar." Adrien nodded at Chole in confirmation, He did indeed have a bag full of snacks for the two day camping trip.

Albert grabbed his bag off the ground and ran back to the Uber they had used to get to Chole's place, They all piled into the minivan after Albert with more or less enthusiasm. The Uber driver asked again where the group was headed, "To WillowFee Forest.." Nicole said quietly. The Uber driver paused and nodded. "Alright.. Hey uh... You guys do know that there is a criminal on the loose near that area right? It's not really that safe for you guys..." Chole rolled her eyes. "Yeah whatever I didn't even want to go.." she grumbled.

Cassie sighed, "It's fine we'll be careful sir, and Chole come on I want you to try camping for once.." Adrien was reading a book on his phone, not paying any attention to the group until Albert messed up Adrien's hair. "Hey nerd- whatcha doin?" Adrien sighed, "I'm reading a book Albert." Nicole looked over, "What kind of book?" Adrien sighed. "It's Nancy Drew...." Albert made a face that anyone could read. 'No one reads that anymore.'

Later they finally arrived at the campsite and unloaded their stuff from the trunk. The group thanked the slightly concerned driver after paying and the Uber driver drove away, leaving the teenagers near the makeshift fire pit and the small wooden bench. "Ugh, there are probably bugs!" Chole exclaimed and pulled out a can of expensive bug spray and started spraying. Albert coughed loudly and covered his face. "Chole stop! It's in my eyes!!" Adrien was helping Cassie build a fire while Nicole grabbed some water to help clean out Alberts eyes.

Adrien smiled and gave a high five to Cassie when they finally managed to get the fire going steady. "Good job Cas," "Hey you did most of it dude!" They jokingly went back and forth arguing who helped the most while Nicole splashed water into Alberts face- He backed up tripping over a small rock. Right into the fire.

Chole let out a shriek as Nicole grabbed more water- Albert yelled and rolled off the fire- rolling around as Nicole dumped more water on him. Adrien jumped back as some ambers went flying into his face- causing Cassie and himself to cough violently. "Holy crap!!" Albert sat up- drenched in water thanks to Nicole.

Nicole began apologizing profusely. "Oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" Chole calmed down a bit and grabbed a spare shirt for Albert as he grumbled. Chole threw it to him so Albert quickly changed shirts, "Jeez, that really hurt-" He mumbled. Adrien by then walked over with some cream that he found in Chole's bag, something that'll help heal minor wounds and burns.

Albert grabbed the tube and went to sit down and started to slather his arms and legs, Adrien thought he heard something and turned to the trees curiously. Cassie walked up behind Adrien as he scanned the bushes and surrounding greenery. "You seriously aren't worried about what you heard on the news right?" Cassie asked softly but abruptly- causing Adrien to jump and turn towards her. "O-Of course not Cas.. Just thought I heard something." He pretended to laugh it off while Cassie raised an eyebrow then went back to the firepit.

Later that night everyone was setting up their tents and sleeping bags- complaining about who snored the loudest and who they wanted to sleep next to. Nicole decided to share a tent with Cassie- Leaving Albert to deal with Chole's complaints. Adrien got the smaller tent for just himself, isolated as usual. He was used to it, always felt like he didn't belong. He appreciated the group of friends being so inclusive for him though.

Eventually Chole's voice got quieter and snoring was heard from every tent. Everyone's except Adrien's tent, he was reading again with a small flashlight he found. He thought he heard something and put his hoodie back on because of the chilling wind. He shivered and stepped out from his tent. The wind blew his hair into his face as he thought he saw a figure of a person behind one of the trees.

The atmosphere changed for a second- a chill that had nothing to do with the cold ran down Adrien's back. He glanced around before softly calling out. "H-Hello..?" His quiet voice was likely not heard because of the noise the wind was making through the trees' branches. He decided that he should take a walk to shake off the feeling of being watched. "Damn it's cold.." He huffed as he put his shoes on and tied them. 

Authors note:
This was written in google docs awhile back for a short story I wrote when I was bored, I've decided to make it more than that. Please let me know if I missed any mistakes in the writing.
Thank you have a great day everyone 😄