Chapter 10

"..." Sean quietly thanked Adrien's mom for letting him hang out for a bit longer. Adrien glared at the table in silence, he was mad that he was so helpless and couldn't even take care of himself. Sean looked at Adriens angry brown eyes and sighed, clearing his throat. "Maybe I should teach you a few tips on.. Self defense.." Adrien was fast to look up. "You call that self defense?!" He asked angrily. Sean flinches and leaned back in his chair. "Look I wasnt thinking- it was just pure reacti-" "Shut the fuck up. I don't wanna hear excuses.." Sean looked away to the floor mumbling. "You sound like a teacher." "No. I just wish you didn't do that.. We're in big trouble now because of your 'instinct'."

Sean sighed and crossed his arms. "Look this is entirely why I'm wanted. Just pure stupid reactions with no filter." He leaned back in his chair looking away to a much more interesting wall. Adrien calmed down a bit and looked at the table top. "Well what now? Where do you go?" Sean turned back to look at Adrien's faded teal hair. "Uhm.. out of the state?" Adrien lookedup and squinted. "Then what huh? You can only get so far without help.." Sean cleared his throat and leaned forward looking at the other. "What are you implying? Do you even have a plan?"

Adrien shook his head. "Nope. No plan yet.. We have to gather the others.." Sean tilted his head a bit. "How would they even help me?" Adrien shrugged and both boys flinched as Adrien's mom walked into the dining room. "Hope you and your friends were safe during that camping trip.." Sean looked up a little too fast. "Why's that?" She stared for a second. "You didn't go on the trip- whats with the sudden interest?" Adrien sucked in a breath and glanced to Sean thinking they were totally busted. Cassidy stared for a second as Sean cleared his throat. "Well- I'm just worried for my friend.. I'm friends with Adrien so I was concerned.." She seemed satisfied by this answer and nodded. "Well apparently a crazy girl with a knife was found in the area you guys were camping.." Adrien's heart dropped.