Four

Next day, Lakyn was upset. She had no idea what happened between Bella and Edward, but that doesn't mean that she has to stop talking to Emmett. Once Bella parked the truck, Lakyn was out and walking towards the bus leaving behind a hurt sister. Lakyn didn't spare the others a glance.

Alice sighed knowing Lakyn won't talk to no one. Jasper glared at Edward. "Congrats. Now she won't talk to us."

"I didn't mean for how things are now."

"No, but you didn't think about how this will affect Lakyn. Now she won't speak to us because of you and Bella." Jasper tells him. "Now move it."

Edward move letting Jasper on. He knew he messed up and this would be hard for him and Bella to fix.
~~~
Lakyn smiled as she looked at each flower. She started thinking of Emmett and the pain in her chest tightened. Lakyn held her chest not liking the new feeling. Jasper wasn't that far behind her as Alice called Emmett to tell him about what is going on.

Lakyn stopped and looked at Jasper. She sighed and decided to talk. "My chest hurts." She signed.

"Let's find you a seat." He signed back.

Lakyn followed Jasper looking for a seat. Since they couldn't find one, Jasper helped Lakyn to the bus. Lakyn sat down and closed her eyes. Jasper saw Alice and walked away after knowing Lakyn fell asleep. "We need to get Lakyn to Carlisle."

"Okay." Alice replied.

Lakyn felt something drape over her. She smiled as she started to get warm not knowing that Jasper covered her up as she looked pale and cold. Colder than what they feel.
~~~
Lakyn woke up in the hospital due to what happened. She saw her dad and Emmett. "Daddy? Emmett?"

"Hey." Charlie signed. "I'm glad to see your awake."

"What happened?" Lakyn signed.

"Jasper said that you were having chest pains. When Dr. Cullen ran some test, there was nothing, but he would like to keep you over night for observation." Charlie signed.

"Okay." She said.

Emmett wondered what's was going on. First everything was fine and now something is causing her to have chest pains. Charlie kissed his daughter's head as he needed to get back to work and call Renee.

"I'll be right here." Emmett signed.

"Thank you." She signed back.

That night, Lakyn was sound asleep with Emmett acting to be asleep. Carlisle walked in and started checking on Lakyn. He listened and heard the rattling. "Emmett."

"What's wrong with her?"

"She has an upper respiratory infection. Just keep watch on her and in the morning she can go home and rest."

Emmett nodded happy that his mate was okay. He looked at Lakyn and smiled. Lakyn shivered a little till warm blankets covered her up. Emmett kissed her head and left for a quick hunt and back to her.
~~~
Lakyn smiled as she could go to school and get the rest of the day in bed. Lakyn walked with Emmett to class smiling. Bella frowned knowing that her sister actually believes their lies, but she doesn't know was that Lakyn was told the truth in some way as she never saw Edward and that he jumped from between the two vehicles.

The other Cullens smiled as they saw the two walk in. "There she is." Lee signed making Lakyn smile.

"Carlisle has your medicine ready so after school the two of us can go pick it up." Emmett signed.

"Okay." She replies as she cuddled up to Emmett. Lakyn liked his coldness as she was starting to feel bad.

"Do you need to go home?" Lee signed.

Lakyn nodded making Emmett stand up and help her. "Thank you."

"Anything for you." Emmett signed.

The two walked out of the cafeteria with eyes watching them. Bella was going to ask her if she wanted to go with her to La Push, but seeing how sickly looking Lakyn was, she left it alone.
~~~
Lakyn arrived at her house and looked at Emmett. "Want to come in?"

"Of course." He signed back.

The two walked in and straight to the living room to watch a game or movie. She cuddled up closer to Emmett never wanting the moment to end. Emmett held her tight knowing she wanted to be held since she wasn't feeling good. He reached back and grabbed the blanket and covered them up.

"Get some rest love." Emmett signed.

Lakyn closed her eyes and fell asleep within a few minutes. Emmett smiled as he saw a game on and pulled Lakyn closer. This was all the two needed. Alone time.