❥ ᴄᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴄᴜᴘ ᴏғ sᴀᴅɴᴇss

it's just like, we chase shit that we think is gonna make us happy, but it doesn't. it just ends sad. every fucking time. every fucking time!

❛ ━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━ ❜

❪ third pov. ❫

y/n stares at the cake inside of the oven.

and shifts her eyes to the clock. it was three am.

perfect time for a cake.

it was quiet and lonely. so lonely she decided to bake a cake.

she really didn't know why but thought it would be fun.

she sat on the kitchen floor, and hugged herself, thinking about things.

she still doesn't understand...

she doesn't understand why her brothers abandoned her. she doesn't understand why the left her. she doesn't understand why they hate her so much. she didn't do anything but love them.

she loved them with all her heart. her cold, dead heart.

"y/n?"

y/n's eyes flicker up, and to the side,

"hi kou."

"are you... making a cake?"

"yes, i... i was very bored."

kou hums and sits down next to her. kou looks towards y/n, who's eyes were fixated on the cake, but her mind looked to be somewhere else. and he didn't know where. truth be told, he was worried about her. she had been quiet the last few days, and it's like she was somewhere else.

"why do they... hate me?"

kou blinks and looks towards y/n.

"who?"

"my brothers... why do they hate me? because, in all honesty, i don't know what i did wrong..."

"you didn't do anything wrong... don't think that you did do something wrong, you didn't..."

"do you think... that yui said something?"

"like what?"

"something, something about me... something that made them hate me. what if she told them something that made them think less of me? and if she did, what did she say?"

kou wraps an arm around y/n,

"i don't know..."

y/n feels her eyes water and she leans into kou's embrace,

"thanks... for keeping me safe and stuff like that..."

kou hums and smiles, giving her forehead a kiss.

"you are very welcome. you do know that me and everyone else that lives here, loves you, right?"

y/n hums and smiles, nodding slightly.

"yeah... yeah i do..."

❛ ━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━ ❜

"being happy is fucking pointless..."

y/n mumbled to herself, poking apart the cake she had in front of her.

she took a few bites before humming.

"happiness can go and shove a stick up inside its ass..."

she stuffed a large amount of cake into her mouth, huffing.

why am i talking to myself.

"like... ive tried to be happy, it sucks, gets taken away from you like a snap of someone's fingers..."

y/n stared at the cake while saying that.

"y/n, you know that the cake... can't talk back, right?"

y/n flinches and looks behind her.

"oh... hey..."

kou smiles softly,

"heyyy... heard you saying things to yourself, and was wondering if you were okay?"

y/n blinks and nods,

"yeah... im, im fine."

y/n pushes the cake away and sits down on her bed, curling into a ball, and shutting her eyes. she feels the bed dip, and opens her eyes.

it was kou, he sat with his legs crossed and smiled at her.

y/n sat up and moved herself into kou's lap, wrapping her arms around his waist. kou did the same and held her tightly.

they stared at each other for a moment before they both leaned in and began to kiss.

the kiss wasn't long, nor was it short.

it was... kinda long but not short either.

it didn't last too long as y/n pulled away, and blushed darkly, stuffing her face into kou's neck, while he hummed and held her tightly, smiling softly.

❛ ━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━ ❜

>:( don't call y/n a hoe please.

i decided to post today as i felt happy because i will hopefully be getting a therapist, cuz your author is fucked up and has a lot of feelings. some are confusing but whatever ✌😗

if you liked it leave a vote ♡

if you have thoughts on it leave a comment ♡