13

I go downstairs and open the door.
Wyatt immediately hugs me. I push him off me as fast as I can "if you're gonna be like this then I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I tell him sternly.
"I'm sorry, it's just..." he trails off. "Can I please come in?" I step aside and Wyatt walks in.
He walks into the living room and sits down on the couch. I stand in the doorway.
"Y/n can you please sit down" he motions toward a chair. I roll my eyes and sit.
"First of all I want to apologize. From the bottom of my heart I am truly sorry." I give him a skeptical look.
"I really am... I just have issues"
"Wow I couldn't tell."
He gives me a slightly annoyed look. I should stop being an asshole while he's trying to apologize.
"There's something I haven't told you, a few years ago I had really bad anger issues but I went to therapy. It helped me a lot. Occasionally I have outbursts but it's rare."
"..." I don't have anything to say.
"Seeing you with Jack made me super jealous. I know I shouldn't be, we weren't even officially dating or anything and you're not the type of person to cheat but that was one of my triggers. My ex girlfriend cheated on me and I beat up the guy, that's what caused me to get help in the first place. I know that's not an excuse but I thought you should know..."
"Fine I accept your apology." He's not completely wrong. A smile forms on his face.
"Secondly, can you please forgive me. I know that what I did is unforgivable and I completely understand if you don't but please y/n I can't live without you."
Isn't this a bit much? 'Can't live without me' we just met like 3 days ago.
"Shit. I also have this thing where I get too attached to people too quickly and say stuff like this. If any of this weirds you out too much I'd understand if you didn't want to hang out with me."
Wait, can he read minds?
"Of course I want to hang out with you Wyatt." He smiles again, bigger this time.
All of a sudden his phone beeps. "Oh it's time for me to watch Brooklyn 99."
"Wait, you set aside time just for a show that I recommended you?"
He heads toward the door, "yeah, you can join me if you want."
"Wyatt wait" he looked back.
"You weren't wrong about me liking Jack, I didn't really think of you as a boyfriend and to be honest I don't know why I said yes. It wasn't out of pity but I didn't like you in that particular way."
He looks disappointed.
"I'm sorry," I say as he looks at me confused.
"But you did nothing wrong? I was the asshole"
"I shouldn't have gotten so mad, I probably would've talked to you earlier if I didn't have as big a problem with that word you used."
"Which one? Bitch?"
"No, slut. A few years back my so called 'friend'" I make air quotes, "Jessica started a rumor that I slept with her boyfriend. Everyone called me a whore and other things but Jessica made sure to call me a slut everyday. Eventually I got numb to it but when someone who I cared about, you, called me one, well that wasn't the best for my mental health."
"Y/n I'm so sorry. If I had known I never would've said that." He grabs my hand.
"It's not your fault, you didn't know" this time I hug him.
He looks surprised at first but hugs me back.
We just stand there in our hug. It's nice. It's quiet but not awkward quiet this time.
After about a minute I pull back.
"I should probably go apologize to Yesenia."
"Yeah she's at Sophia's house in your room" Wyatt informs me so we go next door.