9

You woke up at 5am to the sound of the doorbell ringing so you got up really slowly and went down the stairs to open the door. There was a package with the apple logo on it so you knew it was your new phone immediately. You grabbed it and went inside.

You grabbed some scissors and cut it open. It was your phone and the phone case you ordered. It looked like this-

You put the phone case on, turned the phone on and downloaded everything you needed

You put the phone case on, turned the phone on and downloaded everything you needed. You logged into all the social media websites even though you don't really post on them a lot.

You went upstairs and showered then changed into this-

When you finished you looked at your phone a bit then heard everyone downstairs so you got up and went to the kitchen

Ev: Morning.

You: Morning. Oh guys btw I need your phone numbers cause my new phone came in and I need you in my contacts.

Ev: ok-
They came up to you one by one and gave you their numbers.

You were staring at payton closely but you tried not to make it obvious.

Mads: Um guys..... this is really bad.....

You: what's wrong?

Everyone crowded around her.

Mads: Mike is saying that there is this competition in a week where every gang in california have to come to......

You: He is not seriously considering that you all go is he?

Mads: He said we have to......

You: Well I'm coming then.

Griffin: NO!! You can't y/n. If you go you could die ok...

You: Watch me......

Mads: He is saying we have to but y/n can't come and there is a maximum list of how many are competing. We have to be 14 people if we want to compete. We are only 13 without y/n.

You: haha that means you can't go with out me...

Nessa: He said that Black star is saying to get a new member to be a replacement for you.....

You: WHAT NO!!! YOU CANT FIND ANYONE BETTER THAN ME TO LEAD YOU ALL!!!!

Chase: Ok y/n you have to calm down...

You: NO IM NOT GONA CALM DOWN OK!!!!

Mads: They're saying we have to do it because this is going to decide our entire future....

Payton: Um guys.... I may have someone in mind to replace y/n......

You: Wow payton.... I thought you actually cared about me.... I thought you all cared about me. But obviously not...

You went upstairs to your room and locked the door. You wanted to cry really badly but you couldn't get the tears out. You had been taught to never cry so that kinda explains it.

You layed on your bed and looked at the ceiling.

I thought they cared.... But I can't do that. They are forced into doing it and it may change the whole future. But payton... why did he say that. I helped him yesterday and we watched a movie together. I thought I liked him but his actions just took me back to reality I guess.

Then you heard a knock on the door...

You: GO AWAY! I WANT TO BE ALONE!

Payton: It's me.... can I come in?

Should I let him in? Maybe he is gonna apologise.

You got up and unlocked the door then you walked back to your bed. Payton opened the door and saw you sitting down. He sat next to you but you faced the other way.

Payton: I'm sorry ok... I shouldn't have said that to anyone. Now they are all trying to make me spill on who it is. I'm sorry.....

You: .......

You: Who even is it?

Payton: um......

You: WHO IS IT?

Payton: Um.... m-my brother.....

You: WHAT?? I never knew you had a brother!!

Payton: Calm down ok. We are not close but he is stuck with my parents in canada and when I left to start Black Lightning, I promised that I would come back and bail him out. Me and him used to practise fighting and that stuff in the garage and he was always stronger that me. But would you let me call him?

You: Is he gonna be a permanent member?

Payton: I mean we are co-leaders so I guess it's both of our decisions.....

You: Let him.. You said he is stronger and he knows all the tricks. I don't care... call him.... but when I get out of these casts, we are gonna see who is stronger, me or him. And what even is his name?

Payton: Jackson....

You: Fine call him. But he has until the competition to fly here and move in.

Payton: Ok... and .... again... I'm sorry.

He got up and left your room.

This is what is best for the team. I have to accept it but I can't. Are they seriously replacing me after all we've been through together? I can't be mad...

You stayed on your phone for the rest of the morning and watched abit of tv as well. Then at 3pm you got kinda hungry so you unlocked the door and went downstairs.

You didn't want to talk to anyone but they were all on the couch watching a movie. You grabbed a salad and went to the stairs completely ignoring them all even though they were looking at you.

Quinton: Hey.... um.... wanna watch the movie with us y/n??

He looked absolutely terrified that you were gonna shout at him. You stopped dead in the tracks then you dropped the salad and fainted on the stairs.

Payton's P.O.V

She was about to come down to watch the movie with us when she dropped her salad and fainted on the stairs. I got up and ran towards her, making sure she didn't hit her head. Everyone came towards me, while looking at Griffin.

Griffin said that it was normal and that we just had to take her to her room and then leave her to wake up herself. We all sighed in relief and me and Josh picked her up and carried her to her room. We placed her on her bed and we left........