Self Aware

So basically, Tom gets transported to a world where everything is a cliche and ends up falling in love in pursuit of finding happiness, also they are detectives.
---

Creeeeak

Tom opened the door slowly and peeked through the small crack he made before stepping inside the office.

"you didn't even knock? Tsk tsk"

"I-"

"do it again then!"

Tom walked outside the door and knocked twice before twisting the doorknob.

Creeeeak
Thud

Tom quickly reached to the front of the desk and cleared his throat,

"you wanted to see me?"

"Always~"

The swivel chair twisted to reveal Edd, or well, someone that looks and sounds like Edd but isn't the real Edd even though they have the same name Edd;

"I got you a case and I'm pairing you with Tord"

"But you know that I hate him! Why can't I bring Matt along"
[I don't want to see him now especially because of yesterday]

Edd raised his eyebrow before sliding the folder in front of Tom.

"he's waiting outside you know? Already told him in advance"

Was Edd always this much of a douche? Tom grabbed the folder and left the room, letting the door crash on its own behind him.

Tord was already standing beside his car, swirling the car keys around his index finger,

"Another case for the wonder duo, aww what's wrong babydoll?"

"Don't call me that"
[I will fucking kill you]

"just asking what's got you the blues, can't handle that you get to work with the coolest and hottest person in the job?"

"I-"
[AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA]

Tord opened the car door for Tom to mock him,

Thwap
Thwap
Thawp
Thawp
Thawp

Tom smacked Tord on the head with the folder before sitting inside the car with his arms crossed.

"you know what would be sweet? You and I on the beach drinking champagne so that I can finally crack that cold heart of yours"

"Stop that"
[If there was no law, you'd be dead right now]

"such a tsundere, I know you like me a lot"

"I've been here for the past two days, how are you even certain of that?"

"you've been working here for ages? What was up with you going into work like its the first time you went here? Even forgot where your house was"

The car suddenly stopped in front of a big white library, the trees had wilted revealing a murder of crows perched on each branch.

Caw Caw
Caw Caw
Caw Caw

"Usually this means that this place is haunted"

Tom has seen enough movies to see where this is going and if he were to die right now, he'd actually be happy, his original attempt got stretched out into a long convoluted adventure akin to a shitty documentary series.

Tord was about to grab Tom's hand when suddenly the crows started flying at him to peck at his fingers.

"Yowch!"

"Tord!"

The crows looked at Tom before deciding to rest on his shoulders and hair. Tom held Tord's hand and massaged where the crows had pecked it. Steam escaped through Tord's ears as his face turned a bright red, he didn't want this feeling to end, Tom's hands were so small and soft compared to his and it was so cute.

Tom let go of Tord's hands and walked inside the library,

Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock

Tord turned on the flashlight from his pocket and started looking around, something putrid hit his nose making him slightly gag inside his mouth. Tom followed behind him and gasped when he saw the body on the ground with a pair of scissors buried at the back of its head.

Suddenly a chill had traveled down Tom's spine as his fingers brushed over a book, he opened it to see a picture of his original room.

"what the hell?"

"what's that Tom?"

"it's a horoscope! Saying that Virgos have killable faces"
[nice save]

A sad noise escaped Tord's lips making Tom slightly giggle, the two of them finally meet up after scanning the endless aisles of shelves. They proceeded to walk to the second floor to see a second body with a gun on their right hand as blood splattered to the left.

Tord grabbed the gun and placed it in a ziplock container, Tom opened his camera and took a couple of snaps.

Tord wiped his forehead as the two walked out of the library. Tom slipped the photo into his back pocket and crossed his arms.

"if you had the chance would you kill me, Tom?"

"not really, most of the time everything I want to do to you is in sub-text"

"so you do care about me!"

"whatever"
[of course, I do, you idiot]

---