Chapter 7

"Okay, so Norman took the seat by your bed, and me and Jack sat on the sides of the ambulance. You point at me and call me a sheep, then you point at Jack and also call him a sheep.
Then you call Norman a sheep. Then Jack asked if you were okay, then you grabbed Norman's arm and said Norman, and he said yes what is it Sammy, and you grin real wide and say he's the fluffiest sheep.
And then I thought you went completely crazy, then ya said that Norman was your favourite sheep, and went to sleep snuggling his arm!" Wally told Sammy. Sammy blushed a bit.
"Hah! And ya shoulda seen Norman's face!" Wally laughed. "He was blushing so much, I swear ya could've compared him to a tomato!"
"I was confused! I didn't know what the hell was happening!" Norman said. Jack and Wally were laughing too hard to breath as Norman gave them death stares.
Sammy fake smiled, unsure what to think of this. Wally and Jack left to get back to work. Norman silently picked up the projector he broke.
"I might be able to fix this..." Norman muttered, studying the damage on the projector. Sammy stared at the taller man, who was fixing the projector with a screwdriver and some other tools.
Norman felt Sammy's eyes on the back of his head and blushed. He wanted to slap himself. "Hey, Norman." Sammy said. "Yeah?" Norman asked a little shakily, turning to look at Sammy.
He raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?" He asked. Norman nodded his head. "Oh, Sammy are you hungry? You haven't eaten in while have you?" He said.
"Yeah, but I don't have any food right now." Sammy said. "Why don't I take you to a restaurant or something, work is over in twenty minutes." Norman said.
"Yeah sure, but if you were Joey, I'd run down the hall screaming, then probably die of a heart attack from surprise." Sammy said.
Norman laughed. "Yeah, Joey's not very nice is he?" He said. Sammy shook his head. "I think I got on his bad side today, and it's terrifying." He said with wide eyes.
"Probably." Norman responded. After work had ended, Sammy and him walked to a restaurant. They ordered food and talked while they waited.
When their food came, Sammy was starving and tried being less messy with his food, but slowly ended up simply devouring it.
Norman marvelled at how quickly Sammy ate his food. "You sure are hungry!" He teased. Sammy grunted and slowed down a bit, embarrassed. Norman just laughed.
Sammy loved  his food, but wasn't sure about Norman, who kept looking over at him every five seconds. This made Sammy start to get self conscious. Eventually he just decided to avoid eye contact and pretend not to notice.
But then when Norman noticed this, he stared for even longer. Finally, the time came that Sammy wanted to go home to sleep. He was starting to get creeped out by his friend.
They left the restaurant and went their separate ways. Sammy shut the door to his house and collapsed on his bed for the first time in two weeks. He deeply exhaled in relaxation.
He crawled under his covers and was almost asleep, when a thought trailed into his head to block him from sleep.
Why was Norman constantly staring at him? Sammy eventually just decided that Norman was concerned or something. Yeah, that sounded like all that was, not some thing else.
Sammy finally fell asleep and woke next morning. He dressed for work and left. Sammy entered his office and then just remembered something, he was still out of ink!
He sighed and left his office to go down to the storage room and made his way extremely carefully down the stairs.
He grabbed an ink bottle and went back up, relieved to not fall through a stair. He went back to his office and worked on the song he'd left off on.
Yesterday while Norman was fixing the projector, Sammy went to talk to Joey, and was told to pick up where he left off.
He finished the song and had the rest of the day to do whatever. He gave it to Jack and decided to play some music, just for fun.
He hadn't been on the piano for a while, so he went on there. He just randomly played any tune that came to mind, then felt a tap on his shoulder and screeched, falling off his chair.
Norman looked down at him with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I tried yelling but the piano was too loud." He said. He held out his hand.
Sammy took it and was hauled to his feet. "It's lunch time, just thought I'd let you know." Norman said turning to leave.
"Hey wait, can I ask you something." Sammy said, the subject he thought about last night still weighing on his mind.
"Sure, what is it?" Norman asked, walking back over to Sammy. "Umm, well, I just was wondering why you kept staring at me a lot yesterday that's all." Sammy said.
"I- I was staring at you? I don't know... I think I was just zoned out or something!" Norman said nervously, blushing.
"Oh okay." Sammy said, still not sure. He decided to test something. "Norman." He said. "Yeah?" Norman answered. "Can I come have lunch with you in the break room?" Sammy asked.
Norman nodded, face going pink. Sammy noted this in his mind. They went to the break room and sat down at a table on the same bench. They were the only ones currently in the room.
Sammy sat farther away from Norman than they usually sat. As he ate his lunch, he noticed Norman would inch over little by little, until they were half a foot away then he stopped.
"You know what's weird?" Sammy said. "What?" Norman asked. "This bench seems to keep getting smaller every second, weren't you two feet away before instead of half a foot?" Sammy said.