This Moment • End

"Eleanor want...star," she said, pointing to the blinking sky.

Kian bent down and whispered, "I'll take down the stars for you if I could, Eleanor, but the stars; they belong up there you know. Like how Eleanor belongs to Mum and Dad.

"But you see it there, Eleanor? That's the four stars making up a little cross. The star there points to the South, always."

Like what I said before, in case you missed it, I would totally love to be baby Eleanor, and then Kian would talk to me all day long, just explaining things. Undoubtedly, Kian would be an excellent father. I mean, just look at him. Just...look.

Seen enough? Okay, now get your eyes off him because he's mine.

Correction : He's going to be mine. You know, someday in the future.

"Jewel, look!" Kian called out suddenly, putting his hand over mine. "The meteor shower!" he breathed.

That's when I saw it : a super bright star with its long tail across a quarter of the sky, just hanging there, like a huge shooting star, not moving but blazing in the night. It was too amazing for words.

I closed my eyes and with Kian's hand on mine, I made a wish for his happiness, our happiness, together.

Then I opened my eyes again just to take in the spectacular view which I wouldn't miss for my life.

Kian just sat there, staring at it and blinking, like he couldn't quite believe that it was there before his eyes, that we've finally got to see the meteor shower which we've talked about for so long.

"Wow, Jewel," Kian said, turning to look at me with wide eyes when the meteor shower was gone.

"Wow indeed," I said.

Even baby Eleanor seemed pretty amazed. Or terrified, I couldn't quite tell.

I took my phone out from my pocket, feeling stupid for not taking it out earlier to capture the meteor shower. But thinking back, I think I wouldn't want to miss the sight of it, not even for a tick.

"Come on, let's take a selfie, Eleanor," I said and she smiled happily into the camera.

Click.

"I feel left out," Kian said.

I laughed. "Come on, Kian, together."

So we took one with baby Eleanor kinda squashed in between us, with Kian and I making silly faces at the camera.

"Think we haven't taken a selfie together, just the two of us," Kian said, winking and he let Eleanor down to pick at a nearby mushroom.

He inched closer and we took a selfie together, just the two of us. This time Kian and I smiled properly into the camera, and needless to say, Kian looked like a hell of an angel. While me? I was blushing so hard it's not even humane anymore.

"Whatsapp me the photos, okay?" Kian said with a grin.

I nodded, though I was afraid that Kian might look back and wonder if he'd accidentally taken a photo with a tomato by his side.

While me? I'll totally make a human-size print of the photo and paste it in my bedroom just so I can stare into Kian's beautiful eyes when I wake up every single day.

Then forget about Monday blues. Every day would be Friday when I stare into those deep eyes-

"Hey, that's inedible!" Kian said, pulling out the mushroom from baby Eleanor's hands before sitting beside me again, grinning.

And I thought, Yeah, maybe Kian has no idea that I like him as more than just a friend and maybe when he finds out, he won't even feel the same way.

Of course I wouldn't stop hoping that the end of my life story would be as cliché as how it started, you know, with the normal girl paired up with the hot guy.

But for now, with the two of us side-by-side under the endless sky....

For now, this moment is enough for me.

xX The End Xx