Teen-agers • Letter 3

Hey Ms. Donkey Face,

Surprise, surprise. It's me again.

I've accepted the fact that you'll never write back.

Fine. Whatever. I'm in no mood to lecture you on your job as the school counselor right now because God knows I have too many problems of my own.

So you know how the school teachers are, right? They give so much work that it's not even humane.

So I go home with three assignments, three worksheets with 200 freaking questions on the freaking molecules, four essays all in different languages, a thousand language terms to memorize and...THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THERE WILL BE FOUR POP QUIZZES TOMORROW.

Is that not enough for a little poor soul like me, I dare ask?

And God said, no it's not enough.

Or at least, my mum did.

"I'm doing house-cleaning today."

"Honey, get out of your room!"

"Sweep all the dust away."

"Go get the broom!"

It's like the world decided that today shall be the day I rise above to join Jesus in heaven.

I tried to protest, like how you always said to speak up for yourself (I actually listen to your lectures, mind you).

"But mum, why don't you ask Wendy? I have like, three assignments, three worksheets with 200 questions, four essays and four-"

"Don't kill Wendy's childhood," she said. "Kids deserve to nap and play Barbie dolls all they want. And all those you mentioned earlier, aren't they all school work? Then I'll allow you to fail just this time. Now go grab the vacuum cleaner."

I was just like, WHAT?!?

"But mum, I have to entertain my tumblr, my insta, my kik, my twitter and-"

And then it hit me : SHE CUT OFF OUR WIFI CONNECTION A WEEK AGO.

Therefore, I AM LIFELESS.

"Freedom now or dinner tonight. You choose."

IS THERE EVEN A CHOICE?!?

Mothers.

If you treat your children this way, Ms. Donkey Face, then YOU. SHOULD. JUST. STOP. You are simply disrupting the human race with your intolerant, nosy selves.

We are just TEENAGERS. We are NOT efficient-working robots imported from Japan. On jets. Or whatever.

JUST...KEEP THAT IN MIND.

P. S. I even googled the name of the donkey in the Shrek for your sake. And I found out that it hasn't a name! Oh it does, actually. It's called DONKEY. Poor soul.

All my assignments and housework there,
Anonymous xx