The storm of her life (Edited)

Nights were used to be calm for Uttara in those years of peace, joy and happiness, the years which she had spent in her Kingdom. Those sixteen years felt like a foregoing piece of her life which she had never really lived, but had only dreamed of.

After the war, every night came like a curse, which mourned for her loss and lulled her into the abyss of agony. That night wasn't so different for her. Like every night, thoughts clouded her mind, those fateful days flashed in front of her eyes and heart wrenching pain engulfed her in his revengeful arms.

However after so long, it was raining. A sense of comfort spread across the city after the months of scorching hot yet she knew every heart who had lost their sons, husbands and fathers were weeping.

It was a stormy night. From the evening, it was raining continuously. Uttara's sleep was disturbed by the storm. She was now sitting beside her son, Parikshrit who was sleeping peacefully. He was now five years old. A small smile tugged her lips as she thought how her son looked exactly like her husband. Especially the eyes which reminded her of him every single time she looked at her son. She was watching him quietly and gently patting his head. She remembered, when his father used to come after a long day at practice and put his head on her lap, she used to caressed his head.

However this only became a distant memory. If she had anything of his, were those memories which now felt like a mirage. The illusions of only six months, the precious months of her life.......

Suddenly a lightening stroke nearby the palace. She used to be so afraid of lightning and its sound. A dry chuckle escaped her mouth, now these things never really make her even flinch. Time had taught her to be strong, for women didn't have the luxury of having a weak and naive heart.

In childhood whenever she used to get afraid of the lightening, her father used to hug her and always said, "I am always there with my little princess, don't be frightened with this. It's just a natural phenomena, my child." With this comforting words she used fall asleep in his lap.

The words flashed in her mind once again. He was not with her now. The Kurukshetra war had taken many precious gems of her life. She lost her childhood with her brother. She lost the one whom she believed the most, her father. And she also lost the hand who had given her so many promises, with him.....

The war had ended five years ago. Her fathers in law were reconstructing Hastinapur. They had manage to recover the losses of that destructive war for some extent. However the losses of the beloved peoples could never be recovered.

Even today they could hear the screams of many mothers, fatherless children and many windows. Mata Draupadi, mata Subhadra, mata Kunti and mata Gandhari had forgotten to smile. They had lost their children. No one was happy. The kuru dynasty had faced a huge destruction. The hostility among the own brothers had paid a lot. The war had destroyed everything, she knew this war would affect generations after generations. Those who had to live were living with the memories of only destructions and the death of their loved ones. Pitashree Arjuna said that she had changed a lot. Yes, she had changed herself. That cursed thirteenth night of the war had changed her. That day she had lost all the hope of her life. Innocent and childish Uttara became a woman who didn't feel any emotion anymore. Maharathi Abhimanyu's naive wife became a responsible woman who had to nurture his unborn child. That day she burned her soul in his pyre. She was just a woman who was carrying her beloved's last sign. He had dreamt a lot for his unborn baby but didn't have that much luck to see his birth.............. And she knew that she had to nurture his child, his last sign. However it wasn't so easy for her when Ashwathama invoke Brahmastra to kill her womb, to bring an end of Kuru dynasty. The pain of that was really terrible but the guilt in her heart was more destructive. She had promised her husband that she would take care of his child at any cost. But she couldn't...
She started to lose the last hope but at that time Lord Krishna saved her unborn baby. She was really grateful to him............

The storm had came to an end as dawn arrived with the first ray of sunlight which was falling directly on Uttara's face. A drop of water fall from her eyes. She went to her balcony and gazed at the sunrise. She used to see sunrise with Abhimanyu by resting her cheek against his chest. She used to lean into his embrace and Abhimanyu wrapped both his arms around her...................
But now she was all alone and watching the rising sun with a pale smile on her face.
She murmured, "another morning without him".

Hi guys, this is my another book. Hope you will like this new book on Abhimanyu and Uttara.
The next part is coming soon where I will write about the first meeting of Abhimanyu and Uttara.
Please don't forget to vote and comment............

Update - The story is being reconstructed.