Chapter 7: spark of?

JIHYO'S POV

On call with Nabong....

: Unnie, are you having fun there?

: YEAH! Am I being too loud?! It's too noisy here..wait I'll try to find a quiet place...

: It's good that you're having fun there...

: Okay, I'm back. I heard what you said earlier Jihyo. Are you not having fun on your vacation?

: It's not a vacation. It's hella boring here. All they do is talk talk...I'll call you later...

"Jihyo. We're going to meet the son of Mr. and Mrs. Gong are ready to meet you." WHAT?! I'm really scared...what if they dont like me and I will be the reason why they would cancel the deal! Keep your nerves calm Jihyo. Nothing will happen...Nothing will happen. I nodded in response and I entered the room seeing The Kang's are on the left side of the table, and the Gong's are on the right. I bowed to show respect and I went near The Gong's. "It's nice to finally see you Ms. Park, the assistant of Daniel. Son, introduce yourself."

"Hey Ji. Can I call you Ji? I'm Gong Joonwoo. Call me Woonwoon." Did he just wink at me? I thought he would be the serious type of person, turns out, he's the opposite of what I thinked of. I mean, less serious, more fun right? I hopeI can bond with him, he probably will not. Mr. Gong eyed him, I think he's trying to tell his son something by his eyes. "Lemme guess, you are fun, cheerful, outgoing?" How in the world does he know that? I guess he can tell by the look of me. He's not wrong, "Yes..." I couldn't mouth a word. I'm not really comfortable at talking with someone that has a very high standard. "Sorry Ms. Park for his behavior...he's still learning." Ms. Gong spoke, apologizing. She didn't have to. I'm just like him, trying to be a fun person but we need to hide it.

After talking about non interesting stuff, we call it a day and tomorrow we'll start the fun. I'm sharing a room with Daniel, his parents insisted. Why do I always have to pair up with him? Goodness. I heard a creak coming from the door, it's just Daniel. I ignored him, cause why not? It's not like he's going to talk to me.

"Jihyo, I want to talk about something." Great. I have spoken too soon. "Alright. Get to the point already, I want to sleep, I'm saving up my energy for tomorro-" he cuts me off, "I am finally, officially, agreeing to be your friend. For real this time." Okay? "Oh. Can you promise me something first?" I feel like I have to say this, "At Least in private, can we comfortably talk with each other? Don't be so serious..."

"Okay. If that's what you want. Making a girl friend won't hurt right..." He mumbled the least part, I heard that. Maja. It really won't hurt. "Goodnight Daniel/Goodnight Jihyo." We said in unison. We laughed it off and laid down in the bed comfortably. We're sleeping in separate beds, and from a distance, we were facing each other. It's quite awkward so I faced the other way. I really hope we can have fun tomorrow. Goodnight friend...

-

THIRD POV

It was early in the morning. Laughter can be heard already, the sun, the waves, the beach living in peace. There was the Kang's and Gong's minding their business, either eating, talking. But for Joonwoo, she and the assistant of Daniel we're secretly having fun. Daniel was worried for the "missing" assistant and went looking for her. A hint of jealousy, where he denied it when he saw Jihyo laughing with Joonwoo. "Jihyo-ah." The moment when Daniel uttered the words, the two quickly changed their position, and acted like nothing happened. Jihyo happens to giggle, but quickly stops it from getting worse.

"What brings you here Sir Daniel?" Joonwoo gulped in nervousness. Daniel is way stricter than him. He's scared to be scolded by him too. "I'm looking for my assistant. I'll bring her back to you later..." Is he...jealous? That's what Jihyo thought. Of course he is, he is just denying it. After they went out, away from the place where Joonwoo and Jihyo was hanging out, Daniel finally had the courage to speak up,

"Why are you having fun with the son of Mr. Gong. That's very childish."

"It's not, it's called friends. He asked me okay. Don't be so jealous, I will be your assistant forever. I promise I'll not move to him." He was indeed got the feeling of jealous, but not because Jihyo will take Joonwoo's side, but because of the unknown feeling that has been sticking to him.

Moreover, the two got close because of the beach. They went to the souvenir shop and bought many souvenirs to take as a memory. As "friends" according to Daniel, he treated Jihyo and bought her favorite ice cream. They walked around the beach, alone, which his parents allowed because they were friends after all.

"I'm surprised you're still walking with your legs after walking everywhere." Jihyo thought Daniel would go and leave her walking alone, she was wrong. Was there another reason? "Yes I would probably leave you behind, but if I didn't just like now, it means I'm trying." Daniel unknowingly confessed, which made Jihyo confused. "Can we just enjoy the barbeque we're having right now?" He thinked of a way to escape this moment of awkwardness. Jihyo didn't answer and ate her barbecue and continuously giggled quietly. Daniel, unknowingly plastered a smile on his face. You shouldn't be feeling this. He thought.

But there was already a spark that happened. The spark of happiness when he made Jihyo giggle. Wonder what was for him?