Chapter 9: mutual feelings

JIHYO'S POV

Beauty queens 👑
Im Nayeon, Park Jihyo, Chou Tzuyu are in this group

Tzu
Oi UNNIE!
YOU BIG EYE SHIT!
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU
✔︎

Nabongs
YAH MELON HEAD JIGGLYPUFF THOMAS TRAIN!
IF YOU DON'T ANSWER RIGHT NOW
GSIDHEKEKJWKWWOK'/':@,&;);$/&2$::7&:&:
BITCH I'LL EXPOSE YOU
✔︎

Tzu
We know you're going to date unnie😃...
✔︎

Nabongs
JIHYO I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW
✔︎

You have 73 notifications...

Oh fuck. They know. But how the hell did they?

-

"Very sorry Jihyo. You wouldn't mind me telling Nayeon and Tzuyu right? I'm just very happy that my son will date you, a very responsible, charming girl." Okay I admit, I was touched by her words. But it doesn't changed the fact that she told those fucking dorks about our so called "date". I bet it's not going to be a date, Daniel for sure, knows nothing about dating-wait what the fuck? Were not dating as a couple, but maybe a friendly date?

A date is not only for couples, it can be for friends too. Oh wait, we are-I mean, are we? He's my boss-friend. Yeah. Whatever, he'll be falling in love with my moves later-shut the fuck up.

-

THIRD POV
After their busy schedule, Jihyo decided-for herself, to wait at the parking lot, because that's where they are heading afterwards anyway.

She looked for Daniel's car, but she found nothing. She received a text from Daniel, saying that he is waiting for her at the entrance. This made the latter mad, impatient, frustrated, tired. All of her efforts to find his car was wasted. She decided to forget about it and her reason why she was "late" because it's a waste. Daniel wouldn't care anyways, Jihyo thought.

"Time is ticking Ms. Park. I assume that you went to the parking lot, looking for my car? Just a guess." A little giggle coming from him, confused Jihyo, which made her silent, letting Daniel think that his guess was true. It was, but Jihyo's intention was to lie, but she got off guard. "So silent? So it's true. Whatever, buckle your seatbelt." Jihyo still remained silent and buckled her seatbelt.

While driving, he felt eyes were watching him, staring at him-deeply. He faced Jihyo, who faced her right side, and didn't want him to think that she's weird. Daniel left a sigh and decided to speak, "Stop staring at me Jihyo. I might...think that you're weird." Daniel paused as he remembered that phrase.

"You giggled." Daniel was confused by her words, what did she meant by me giggling? He thought. "Is giggling wrong, can't I do that huh Jihyo?" Daniel felt offended. Now he got it. Is it wrong to giggle coming from a very cold person? Unless the person is not cold. Or his heart got a little warmer. "Ah ani...mianhae...it's just your giggle...Are we there yet?"

"Impatient much Jihyo?"

"Says the one who can't wait for their coffee..." Jihyo fired back.

Daniel glared at her, "Watch your words Jihyo...I'm still your boss, you have no right to tease me." It annoyed Jihyo. However, she remained silent and calm to prevent any quarrels.

-

JIHYO'S POV
I want to resign. I feel like I can't take this anymore. He is so immature. He's fighting over small things then sulk all day. I get why he can't get a permanent assistant or a girlfriend. Mrs. Kang said that he never dated anyone, because no one wanted to date him. If someone would want too, that person is just after the money. His situation is so complicated. Fuck April.

"What are you thinking about? Mind to share while we wait for our food?" I don't know, but it feels weird that he is starting the conversation. I mean he always does, but not at work. Maybe this is the process of changing? Wait is he really changing?

"Let's talk it out later, here's our food, perfect!" Thank you food for saving me.

-

My stomach was stuffed. Ugh, I think I'm going to gain weight soon. The last time I worked out was last week...I have to plan a schedule soon when I'm free. Which, I'm not. He's feeding me so much. I know I'm thin, but I live a healthy life. He's going to blow my stomach. My guts can't deny his offer.

I went to the restroom first and did my business. After, you know, I went outside looking for his car, again. Good thing I found it. I went near to it, but Daniel wasn't there. Where the hell is he now? I see a tall figure from afar, but it's blurry. The figure looked like him and it looks like the figure is going to the nearby park? Is that him? Well, there's no harm to check. I hope I don't get kidnapped again.

...

It's Daniel. What is he doing here? Why is he going to the park at night? Isn't that scary? To be alone...UGH. Fucking memories. I remembered it again.

"Daniel-ssi! Yah!" I shouted his name for him to notice, good thing he did. Don't fucking try to pretend that you can't hear me, or else I'll leave this place. "Uhm..Hi, what are you doing here alone?" I said while catching up to him. Goodness, can't he stop walking? My legs are so tired..

THIRD POV
"It's clear to me Jihyo. Don't deny it. I know you're annoyed at me." Jihyo felt a little bad, everyone does. "Silent means yes...S-sorry..." He managed to say those words finally. "I'm just like this. You can quit, or resign, I understand." For the first time, he felt weak. Flashbacks, past memories flashed into his mind making him realize the things he has done.

"I promised that I'll stay, even if I'm annoyed. I'm still your friend Daniel." Daniel's heart softened. He thinks he wants to hear it again. His cold aura was starting to fade away little by little, until he met Jihyo. Daniel stopped his tracks and faced Jihyo, who stopped too.

An inch we're between them, the two remained silent. A moment of silence

...

Under the night sky, shining stars, crescent moon. There lies, a man who was longing for warmth, a woman who accepted him and shared her warmth. A hug. Daniel needed it, he was thankful that Jihyo was the one who hugged him.

As for Jihyo, it wasn't a friend's love...she accepted that she indeed has feelings for Daniel. When she knew, she couldn't confess, she was too scared to see Daniel's reaction. She knew he couldn't return the love back. Jihyo kept the feeling and continued hugging him, sadly, Daniel broke the hug, which made Jihyo a little disappointed.

"Sorry I got carried away..."

"I liked it anyway..." she mumbled.

They finished it off with a stare. Which made them move closer and closer to each other. Their height difference made the shorty had a hard time leaning closer...

I can't. I can't kiss him. Not now. He's not going to kiss back.

"Uh...let's go ahead shall we...?"

Daniel got distracted by her words. What the fuck? Were we actually going to kiss?! She didn't like it...good thing she backed up.

"Oh yes..thank you for the night Jihyo."

She turned her face away, as she could feel her cheeks heat up. Sheepishly smiling.

That night was an embarrassment. For the both of them.

Heyy peeps, im tryna update as fast as i can cuz im kind of busy atm. few more chaps left o.0