Azul x Reader- Blackmail (☁️)

"Um, can I help you?" (Y/N) asked, scrunching up her nose. "Why are you staring at me?"

She was currently seated at her desk in Trein's classroom, working on her history assignment when she felt eyes in the back of her head. Turning, she found Azul Ashengrotto staring holes into her head. When she spoke, he didn't respond, so she leaned over and snapped her fingers in his face. He blinked.

"What?"

She laughed. "You were staring at me, Azul. Is there something on my face?" He blushed, adjusting his glasses.

"No, forgive me, (Y/N)." he said, turning away from her and back to his assignment. She hummed in response and returned to her own assignment. But soon enough, Azul's gaze returned to her and she sighed.

"Seriously, Azul." she said, spinning around. "I can't focus with you staring so intensely like that." Again, Azul blushed and looked away.

"I'm sorry." he muttered. "It's just... could you help out in the Mostro Lounge tonight?"

"That's it?" (Y/N) said. "Sure." Azul cleared his throat and suddenly she got the suspicion that wasn't what he'd wanted to ask.

"I'll see you after school then."

~

Once Azul left the classroom, he was immediately cut off by the troublesome first years Ace and Deuce. Ace grinned.

"Did you ask her?"

"Not yet." Azul said. "I'm going to tonight."

"You better, otherwise we'll be eating free at the cafe for the rest of our time here." Deuce smiled. His was a lot less two-faced than his friend's. So, how did Azul end up in this position of being blackmailed by two idiots who share the same brain cell? They caught him rehearsing how he would ask (Y/N) out when they came to the cafe one day, and now he has to do it by the end of the day, otherwise they'll become VIP members of the Mostro Longue. Oh, and they'll tell (Y/N) themselves.

Night rolled around quicker than Azul wanted and (Y/N) appeared in the longue as promised. He really didn't need her help tonight, so most of her tasks were minimal, but she didn't complain. She never did.

Azul was delivering some drinks to a table when he caught sight of Ace and Deuce sitting in the back. Ace pointed to his watch then winked at Azul. Azul flipped him off.

"(Y/N)," he said and the girl turned to him with a smile, "can I talk to you in my office?" She nodded, following him into the quieter, much more private room. He closed the door behind them, feeling his heart leap up into his chest.

"Did I do something?" she asked, placing a hand on her hip. "You've been acting weird all day."

"Well, it's just," he sighed. When he looked up from his hands, he found (Y/N) standing in front of him, staring intently at him. She smirked suddenly.

"Does this have anything to do with Ace and Deuce blackmailing you into asking me out?" she asked and Azul choked on air.

"How did you--?"

"I overheard your conversation after History today." she shrugged. Then her smirk dissolved away into a smile. "So... are you going to?"

"Am I going to what?" he asked teasingly, his embarrassment slowly fading away. She jabbed his arm lightly.

"Come on," she said. "I've been waiting all day for you to ask me." Azul sighed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. He leaned his forehead against hers and she giggled happily.

"(Y/N), will you go out with me?"

"Absolutely." she answered, leaning up and connecting their lips. Azul smiled into the kiss, lifting her up and placing her on his desk. He pulled away, grinning ear to ear when he saw how happy she looked.

"Shouldn't we go back out there?" she asked, nodding towards the door. "I mean, you've got customers to take care of."

"I'd rather stay in here with you." he said, nuzzling his nose in the crook of her neck. She laughed and ran her fingers through his hair, careful not to hit his hat.

"As much as I'd love that..." she trailed off and Azul sighed, pulling away.

"Yeah, I know." he said. He helped her down from the desk and the two walked out of his office as if nothing had happened. Waiting for them was the Ace-Deuce combo.

"So, (Y/N)." Ace said slyly. "Did you know Azul here has a teeny little crush on you."

"Well, I would hope so." (Y/N) responded. "We just screwed in his office, after all." Ace and Deuce's expression fell away into shock and uncomfort and Azul snorted. He placed a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder.

"She's kidding." he said. (Y/N) giggled, winking up at him. He smiled back at her, leaning down so only she could hear his next words. "Care to make your little joke a reality?" he asked. The blush that spread across (Y/N)'s face and the look on her face were something he would treasure forever.