Chapter 2- Warm and Fuzzy

The next day you all sat in the helicarrier lobby after Loki had been captured and taken to the cell designed for the hulk.

After watching Fury talk to Loki on the monitors Bruce spoke," He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks looking at the Asgardian.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead the against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army, from outer space?" You could tell Steve was out of his element.

Bruce spoke up beside you," So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?" His tone tells you that he knows the man.

"He's an astrophysicist," Bruce explained.

"He's a friend," Thor corrects him.

"Loki has them under some kind of spell- along with one of ours," Natasha has a subtle frown on her face.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here," Steve wondered.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you can small crazy on him," Bruce says.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother," Thor defended.

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha deadpanned.

"He's adopted?" Thor states but it sounded more like a question.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what do they need the Iridium for?" Bruce asks.

Tony and Coulson come walking in," It's a stabilizing agent," he speaks to Coulson," I'm saying, take a weekend; I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive."

Coulson peels off from Tony, who is heading over to Thor.

"Means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at SHIELD."

Tony turns to Thor," No hard feelings point break, you
got a mean swing."

Thor gives Tony a look as he walks to the control panels," Also, means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants. Ah, raise the mizzen mast, ship the topsails."

You rolled your eyes and whispered to Bruce," this is who fury trust to save the planet."

Bruce chuckles.

"That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did," Standing now at the command area of the ship, Tony covers one eye," How does Fury even see these?"

"He turns!" Maria deadpanned.

"Sounds exhausting!" He begins messing with the screens, sticking something to the underside of a desk," The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source- of high energy density. Something to- kick start the Cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Hill asked.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers- am I the only one who did the reading?"

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asks.

"He's have to heat the Cube to a hundred and twenty million kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier," Bruce explained.