Chapter 6- The Battle pt.2

Iron Man flies around a corner and towards the group, followed closely by the Leviathan.

Natasha stutters," I don't see how that's a party."

Iron Man draws the creature low and it skims the road. Banner turns an begins to walk away, towards the Leviathan.

"Doctor Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry," you rolled your eyes. He's been waiting the whole trip to say that. Banner transforms into the Hulk and punches the Leviathan, smashing it into the ground.

"Hold On!" Iron Man blasts a missile at the creature and it explodes. Barton ditches. Thor stands taking the blast. Cap shields you and Natasha. The Chitauri cry out.

You are all stand in a circle, Hulk roars, Hawkeye nocks an arrow, Thor readies Mjolnir, Black Widow loads her gun, Captain America stands ready, you twirl your spear in your hand, and Iron Man hovers above, landing next to the Hulk. Loki looks down from above. You look up, watching as more Leviathans and hundreds of warriors fly through the portal.

"Guys?" You say nervously.

"Call it, Captain."

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Natasha watch his back. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Barton looks to iron man," Wanna give us a lift?"

"Right. Better clench up," Iron Man grabs Barton and flies him up to the top of a building, then flies off.

"Thor! You gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow 'em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up."

Thor swings Mjolnir, flying off.

Cap turns to you," You and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk!"

Hulk turns around facing Cap, who points at him," Smash!"Hulk grins, then leaps off, taking out dozens of warriors that are on the sides of the buildings -- grabbing them, smashing them, throwing them. Hulk leaps across the air and slaps a flying craft out of the air.

You are going to town as you fight a warrior. It throws you upon of a car. As the warrior is about to attack, you jab your spear through its helmet. You grab the Chitauri gun and shoots another one that was running towards you. Someone lands behind you so you quickly turns and aims but realize it's Cap.

You stand down and leans against a car," Captain, none of this is gonna meana damn thing if we don't close that portal."

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it."

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," you say.

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride."

You glance up, seeing the Chitauri crafts fly past. You make your way over to the other side of the overpass," I got a ride. I could use a boost though."

"You sure about this?" Cap readies his shield in front of him.

"No. I'm not sure about anything anymore," you run at Rogers, who uses his shield to boost you up. You grab on to a passing Chitauri vehicle. Cap looks up as you flies off in the distance.

You climb aboard the craft, pulls a dagger and stabs a warrior. You spin kicks him off the craft. You makes your way to the other one and use him to control the vehicle,"Turn, turn, Ah!"

Two crafts come up on you, firing. You swerves to avoid them. The crafts are blasted away by Iron Man, who fires away at a fleet behind him.

You are shot at from behind and turns to see Loki, on another craft, following behind," shit."

You continue on toward the building Barton is at," Hawkeye!"

"what are you doing?" He asks.

"Uh, a little help!"

"I got it," Barton aims and fires. Loki catches the arrow inches from his face and looks first at it, then at Barton, smirking. The arrow explodes, sending Loki crashing onto the platform at the top of Stark Tower.

You jump off the craft. You flip in the air, landing onto the roof of stark tower. You roll, sticking the landing.

Loki looks up at you when Hulk leaps up, grabbing him and throwing him through the window of the penthouse. He roars and moves towards Loki, who gets to his feet," ENOUGH! You are, all of you, beneath me! I AM GOD, YOU DULL CREATURE, AND I WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY-"

Hulk grabs Loki by the feet and smashes him into the floor repeatedly, then throws him aside and walks away," Puny God." Loki whimpers in pain. He has been beaten into submission.

You walk toward the Tesseract.

Selvig is also on the room," The scepter," you turn and walk over to Selvig.

"Doctor," you kneels.

"Loki's scepter, the energy- the Tesseract can't fight. You can't protect against yourself."

"It's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing," you try to reassure him.

"Well, actually I think I did. I built in a safety to cut the power source."

"Loki's scepter."

"It may be able to close the portal. And I'm looking right at it," Selvig looks down to the platform below, where Loki's scepter lies dropped from when Hulk took him out.

You retrieved Loki's scepter and Selvig is setting up his equipment. He points to the device," Right at the crown!"

You begin to push the spear through the barrier surrounding the cube, it's hard to break," I can close it," you say unto your earpiece," Can anybody copy? I can shut the portal down!"

Steve hears and reacts," Do it!"

"No, wait," you hear Tony.

"Stark, these things are still coming!"

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute."

That made your heart beat even faster if that was possible. Noah was somewhere in this city with your sister.

Iron Man redirects the missile, barely missing Stark Tower, and pushes it up towards the portal. The rest of the team looks on.

The Chitauri warriors collapse, and the Leviathans fall from the sky. Thor and Cap look around as they do.

You stands waiting," Come on, Stark."

"Close it." Steve tells you.

You plunges the scepter into the heart of the device. Just as the portal closes, Tony falls through back to earth. The Avengers look up and see Tony reappear.

Iron Man plummets to the ground.," He's not slowing down," you say to yourself.

Hulk grabs him out of the air, slides down the side of a building and crashes to the ground in front of Thor and Cap. Hulk throws Iron Man off him and Thor and Cap run over. Thor pulls off Iron Man's face plate and Cap listens for a heartbeat, then sees the arc reactor is not glowing. Suddenly the Hulk roars and beats his chest. Tony, shocked, gasps and opens his eyes, looking around.

In stark's penthouse Loki crawls over to a stair and turns to see the Avengers surrounding him. Hawkeye has an arrow aimed at his face.you are holding his scepter. Hulk growls

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."