057

play pretend

     "yay! home sweet home!" jeana cheered as she plop herself on jeno's couch with the guy sighing tiredly as he place the grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

kakauwi lang nila and jeana decided that them, having a sleep over would cheer him up, not that he hate the idea but he wonder how jeana even manage to persuade her parents to allow her to spend the night on his place.

and he wonder why jeana would go to such length just to cheer him up.

"tonight will be a blast jeno!" the girl giggled as he took a seat beside her.

"sigurado kang mag bbake tayo?" he ask with jeana nodding enthusiastically.

"yep!" she responded, even snapping her fingers together, "then we're gonna have a movie marathon and we'll go star gazing later!"

"someone came prepared." he chuckle.

"duh jeno, ako lang to." she responded, flipping her hair smugly making the guy chuckle.

and soon enough, the two found themselves arguing over what sugar to use.

"brown sugar."

"no jeana, the instruction say white sugar."

"brown sugarr!!"

"ang kulit, white sugar nga sabi."

"wala tayong white sugar!"

"meron, nasa cup board, kunin mo."

"yoko nga, kuha ka dun mag isa." she pouted making jeno sigh as he gave in and pinch both side of jeana's cheeks.

"ang kulit mo talaga." nanggigigil na saad ng binita dahilan na mapadaing ang dalaga.

"hoy! masakit!" she whined, tapping jeno's arms to let go of her cheeks and when he did, a red mark was left much to his satisfaction.

"yan, ang kulit kasi." he laugh before walking to the cupboard's direction.

despite the light pain she's feeling, she can't help but be happy, afterall she's slowly achieving her goal and that is cheering jeno up and making him smile.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

a minutes of bickering, laughing, teasing, mixing and measuring they finally reach the last stage of baking.

"wala naman tayong nakalimutan diba?" jeana ask, worry evident in her voice as she watch jeno place the tray of their home made cookies and macaroons inside the oven.

and what feels for the nth time, jeno sighed and nodded, "yes jeana wala, stop worrying."

"but jeno, this one can't fail." she dramatically responded making the guy playfully roll his eyes as he flick her forehead.

"dami mong alam." and that remark only make the girl giggle.

"what should we do next?" she excitedly ask while placing their aprons and gloves away.