067

play pretend

     it's not a news they wish nor want to hear from anyone anytime soon. knowing that someone close to them is about to leave them was quite a painful blow.

"bakit hindi mo sinabi?" jeno ask, his voice coming out in a low whisper as he look up to meet jeana's eyes who only smile sadly at him, a hint of guilt flashing in her face.

jeno find the news as a harsh slap to reality.

somehow, knowing jeana is bound to leave them anytime soon send a pang to his fragile heart. knowing jeana is bound to leave him anytime soon was so unbelievable that he doesn't know how to actually express how shock he is by the news.

it was so sudden that somehow, in the back of his head he's hoping it's not real, hopefully it's a sick joke she's planning to pull yet her recent condition inside this hospital room tells him that it's real, jeana leaving anytime soon is their reality.

"I'm sorry." she breath out, smiling apologetically at the guy who was holding her hand tightly that if he'll ever let go, he might actually lose her for real.

now that the cat is finally out of the bag, jeana can finally breath in relief, like a weight from her shoulders have been taken off.

for the past two months she spend with her new found friends — it was certainly one of the happiest months of her borrowed life.

having a heart failure comes with different and hundred of prices, that includes being strip out of this so called freedom, a freedom where she can enjoy this so called life without worrying nor having people to worry for her.

growing up in the comfort of seo mansion jeana wish that one dsy she'll be able to explore the outside world — have fun, experience all the adventure outside and live her life to the fullest.

it was a far fetch dream though.

knowing she's unhealthy and a single action can cause her death, even stepping a foot outside was hard. and that's okay, jeana understood, understanding her protective and loving parents is the least she could do to repay all their hardwork and sacrifice for her.

and she spend all her life inside the mansion, understanding her parents.

and couple of weeks before she meet jeno. she was rush to the hospital for collapsing and soon it was announced that she only have three months to live unless her parents found a heart donor.

ofcourse, her parents took action and search for donor — and now, still searching.

knowing she's bound to say goodbye to life in the next three months, she begged, begged her parents to atleast let her explore the world — fortunately for her, after millions of begging they finally decided to say yes.

so she created a list. a so called bucket list that she dreamed of doing since she was just a small child — no matter what happen she was certain to accomplish the said list.

and meeting jeno wasn't actually part of it.

jeno — he was a blessing to jeana. an angel send from aboves, guiding and helping her as she live her remaining days to the fullest.

and the days she spend with jeno was something she's certain she'll forever cherish.

every second she spend with the guy was like a dream, a miraculous trip in euphoria.

jeno was indeed special.

jeana doesn't know in what way though — maybe, maybe because jeno was there in her every first.

her first summer festival, her first time attending school, her first party heck even in her first cutting class — jeno was there, beside her, having fun with her.

maybe, maybe that's why jeno is special.

and now, seeing how his eyes seems to glimmer as light reflected from them and seeing how betrayed he looks, was a painful blow to jeana.

she doesn't want it — hiding the truth from them? keeping her true condition from her friends, is not something she wanted.

yet in the same time, worrrying them is not something she want as well.

if anything, making her family worry is already enough and making her friends worry too would just add to the guilt and so, she decided to keep the truth from them.

was it a good decision? was it bad? maybe it was both.

sure, she did receive series of lecture from haeun saying if something happened to her then they wouldn't know what to do considering how they aren't aware of her situation and from renjun saying she wasn't careful and was way too hyper for her own good.

and despite that they still smile at her, a loving smile that make her feel warm and fuzzy inside. enough to make her feel at home.

jeana was beyond blessed to meet such people.

"how many months?" he ask whilst rubbing circles on jeana's hand.

the girl averted her eyes, staring at the ceiling above them.

"month." she corrected, "I only have a month left jeno."

then a pause.

jeno look up, meeting jeana's gaze as he send her a smile. a smile jeana learn to love over the months.

he looks at her with that crescent eye smile as his grip on her hand tightened, "let's make use of that month then." he smiled.

to be continue・・・✾
unedited.