~Chapter Fourteen: Mina~

Hide away Mina!

Hide...

Her little heart was beating so fast she thought that it could burst at any moment. She just stays where she was, but then...

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

That scream nearly scared her to death. Even though she was supposed to stay where she was, she gathered enough courage to see what happened. But when she did, what she saw not only made her sick, but also made her terrified to the point where she went back and stayed hidden, however, she was then greeted by a rotten hand that was trying to grab her. She just froze, she didn't know what else to do. Soon she was then greeted by a monster who was just an inch away from her face and with its mouth wide open. She could see the saliva along with some blood too and yet she just sat there frozen in time...

DADA!!!

Suddenly she woke up. She could feel her entire body shaking uncontrollably, her heart racing, and she was having trouble breathing. She looked around and could see that she's inside her tent, away from the forest.

"Just a nightmare," she said as she placed her hand over her chest. "Just a nightmare." 

Dada...

She just covered her ears and took a few deep breaths despite coming out a bit shaky.

"I'm okay...I'm okay.." she slowly was able to control her breathing and just laid back down onto her bed, but when she closed her eyes, she could see that same image that haunted her so she just open her eyes and looked at the ceiling of her tent. 

Dada... 

She shook her head and took a few deep breaths. 

"It's not there," she said quietly. "I am here, I am safe..."

No one is safe... only a matter of time...

"I am here... I am safe..." she said again. "I am here... I am safe..." 

Only a matter of time...

"I am here... I am...safe..." she could feel tears forming but she wipes them away. All she could do at that point was just say those words and just lay there hoping that she would at least fall asleep.

She didn't.

Morning finally came to the village. All the youngsters were able to get up and ready for their training while everyone else gets up and starts their day like before. As for Mina, she was able to finally get some sleep, but she was then woken up by Ochako who was shaking her, well trying to wake her up.

"Mina wake up!"

"Mmm..."

"Mina?!"

"Too tired..." Mina said as she covered her head with a pillow.